Project Si Update, Door Handles Fitted! PG11 15/10/2006!

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

Postby woodwardsbodyshop on Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:12 pm

done a good job on the retrimming, but i think you should change the colours of the plastic parts, maybe change them to the colour of your car, will look alot better
phase 2 zetec s, slammed, smoothed, euro'd, ronal turbo's, coilovers, stretched tyres
woodwardsbodyshop
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festa-1.3 on Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:12 pm

cheers for your comments guys.
the material is leather effect trim and is 15 quid for 1m by 1.4 metres which will do 1 front and 1 back door card.
http://www.gbdriver.co.uk/acatalog/Onli ... ay_31.html
Good idea mate i think i will do a guide when i do the left rear door card.
Thanx.
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

Postby hudz_si on Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:28 pm

door cards look nice :) would look nice with an all black leather interior 8)
hudz_si
Poster
Poster

Postby Tilston on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:21 pm

everyone starts somewhere!

good job kiddo!
Beep
Tilston
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby hudz_si on Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:36 am

i think it mite turn out quite nice...whats up for the fez next? alloys, bumpers and exhaust?
keep goin mate!
hudz_si
Poster
Poster

UPDATE 7/03/2006

Postby festa-1.3 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:07 pm

Update

I have finally recieved my fooking exhaust and it looks like a beast.
Here is a couple of pics, i will post more when it is fitted!

Comments welcome as usual!
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

Postby foomaniac on Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:51 pm

that should look the part on the car fella!

and the retrim looks spot on, fair play for making the effort yourself! It's the best way to gain experience and learn by doing it yourself!

Just spent some time reading through all the comments, you've done right by not rising to some of abuse, stick at it! (Many people contradicting themselves many times over) If your tastes change later, then the car can change too.

Let's not forget, modification is about customizing to your personal tastes. No matter where the inspiriation comes from, if you like it, then do it!

Look forward to further updates! :)
foomaniac
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby andyleesy on Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:05 pm

has your sig been photoshoped? or are those your wheels? if there yours then nice one mate 8)
andyleesy
Post Master
Post Master

Postby festa-1.3 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:49 am

The wheels have been photoshopped in but they will be bought soon (when i get paid)!
Cheers for the comments guys!
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

UPDATE

Postby festa-1.3 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:37 pm

Hi guys a bit of an update here.
The exhaust is fitted and i cleaned my (i got my mate to clean my car)!

Cleaned

As usual comments welcome!
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Big Walker on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:48 pm

Backbox looks nice mate ( i have one and getting fitted tomorrow)

How much'd your's sting you ?

Nice job with the retrim mate how'd you do it? Was it hard ?

Car's starting to look a lot nicer mate and should look the nuts whenever you get the new wheels and get it lowered :)

Keep it up mate :)
Lower than a snakes bollox

Each day I break my own personal record for the number of consecutive days I've stayed alive :)
Big Walker
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Seat Ibiza

Postby andyleesy on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:09 pm

UncleFesters69 :
Car's starting to look a lot nicer mate and should look the nuts whenever you get the new wheels and get it lowered :)

thats what im looking forward to seeing aswell, good work
andyleesy
Post Master
Post Master

Postby festa-1.3 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:42 pm

cheers for the comments boys! They stung me 100 for it and retrim was easy i doing a guide in about a week or so! I cant wait to get it lowered and wheels too!
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

Postby woodwardsbodyshop on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:36 pm

sort out the exhaust, its hanging far too low
phase 2 zetec s, slammed, smoothed, euro'd, ronal turbo's, coilovers, stretched tyres
woodwardsbodyshop
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festa_boy19 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:48 pm

that exhaust looks big,until you see the tiny hole inside! :lol:
festa_boy19
Post Master
Post Master

Your car: Ford Fiesta of course!

Postby Al on Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:43 am

Dont really have an opinion on your car but getting in and having a go at retrimming and spraying will prove valuable for the future :)
Al
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

UPDATE

Postby festa-1.3 on Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:49 pm

I have finally finishged all of my door cards now, and i am just finishing off the guide to
put in the guide section!
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f235/ ... etrim2.jpg

As usual comments welcome!
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

Postby festa-1.3 on Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:50 pm

Sorry i'll try again
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

Postby statue12 on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:07 pm

Any picture updates on this. :D
statue12
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Small Update

Postby festa-1.3 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:12 pm

As above small update but a big difference to my car! I have finally got around to buying my alloys! I bought wolfrace katana's 15's. So as soon as they arrive i will post up pics of them fitted!

Wot ya think?
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

Postby festa-1.3 on Wed May 17, 2006 7:43 pm

Update!
Got my wheels this morning and fitted em wot ya think?
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

Postby XRMike on Wed May 17, 2006 7:45 pm

nice set of wheels there, not very keen on the mirrors,but its you car mate :)
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby joe boy on Wed May 17, 2006 8:32 pm

nice 1 mate i like them :)
joe boy
Post Master
Post Master

Postby RobNo1 on Wed May 17, 2006 10:03 pm

this post has made me crack up :lol:

i still browse the forum since selling the fez and all people seem to do is put a downer on peps car, if it isnt basically a xr2i/turbo rep with mk3.5s etc.

i done all that to mine and i loved it as others did too but i wanted to do sooooo much more which peps prob wouldnt like but never got around to doing it, this guy has done it on his own back, yeah you may not like the interior but your not sittin in the car, obvioulsy everyone has an opinion BUT dont be rude saying its tug as he has put work in to his car.

just my 2ps worth :) i would say see if you can raise the exhaust a bit as it looks a little low ( could be just the pic) 8)
RobNo1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festa-1.3 on Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 pm

RobNo1 :this post has made me crack up :lol:

i still browse the forum since selling the fez and all people seem to do is put a downer on peps car, if it isnt basically a xr2i/turbo rep with mk3.5s etc.

i done all that to mine and i loved it as others did too but i wanted to do sooooo much more which peps prob wouldnt like but never got around to doing it, this guy has done it on his own back, yeah you may not like the interior but your not sittin in the car, obvioulsy everyone has an opinion BUT dont be rude saying its tug as he has put work in to his car.

just my 2ps worth :)

Cheers mate!

i would say see if you can raise the exhaust a bit as it looks a little low ( could be just the pic) 8)

I think it is the pic because it is nearly touching lower bumper when i look at it!
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

Postby hudz_si on Fri May 19, 2006 4:17 pm

just needs lowering and it will look nice. not sure on the back box tho, may just be the pics but it does look like its hanging really low.
hudz_si
Poster
Poster

Postby mike_w on Fri May 19, 2006 5:04 pm

i agree if ya lower it and maybe change the wing mirrors itl be spot on
mike_w
Post Master
Post Master

Postby festa-1.3 on Fri May 19, 2006 5:35 pm

Lowering is next on the to do list. I've just gotta wait till i get my insurance sorted for next
year, and then it shall be lower!
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

Postby woodwardsbodyshop on Fri May 19, 2006 6:33 pm

60mm all the way, don't fanny about with 40mm or something
woodwardsbodyshop
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ~Vix~ on Fri May 19, 2006 8:18 pm

Right, this is my opinion....

After reading through this post, I'm actually disappointed in what a lot of you have said to this guy. And partly ashamed that I'm associated with this forum when this is how people are spoken to for having different tastes...

Fair enough, it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but there's no need for comments like 'its s**t'. Anyone ever heard of CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM?! I think I've been in this guy's situation more than most on this forum - my car's like marmite, you either love it or hate it, but most people will give sensible opinions, rather than being downright rude.

At the end of the day, we all want FT to be known as a friendly forum, and welcoming to newbies - which hasn't happened in this post at all.

Try and be a bit more tactile with your comments, or just keep it shut :)

festa-1.3 - I have the same mirrors as you :D :lol: Get it lowered 60mm, and see if ya can get hold of some non chive bumpers! Looking good considering you've done everything yourself :)
~Vix~
FT's Best Selling Tart
FT's Best Selling Tart
Your car: Toyota Rav4 & Focus 2l ESP

Postby ant pittaway on Fri May 19, 2006 9:26 pm

~Vix~ :Right, this is my opinion....

After reading through this post, I'm actually disappointed in what a lot of you have said to this guy. And partly ashamed that I'm associated with this forum when this is how people are spoken to for having different tastes...

Fair enough, it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but there's no need for comments like 'its poo'. Anyone ever heard of CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM?! I think I've been in this guy's situation more than most on this forum - my car's like marmite, you either love it or hate it, but most people will give sensible opinions, rather than being downright rude.

At the end of the day, we all want FT to be known as a friendly forum, and welcoming to newbies - which hasn't happened in this post at all.

festa-1.3 - I have the same mirrors as you :D :lol: Get it lowered 60mm, and see if ya can get hold of some non chive bumpers! Looking good considering you've done everything yourself :)

well said :D
ant pittaway
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festa-1.3 on Fri May 19, 2006 10:12 pm

~Vix~ :Right, this is my opinion....

Fair enough, it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but there's no need for comments like 'its poo'. Anyone ever heard of CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM?! I think I've been in this guy's situation more than most on this forum - my car's like marmite, you either love it or hate it, but most people will give sensible opinions, rather than being downright rude.

Thanks, am buying 60mm springs in a few weeks.
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

Postby RichardPoll on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:17 am

Well done chap, door trim looks awsome!! :D

I think the interior would have looked better silver/alloy but if you can live with the blue then good on ya.

I did the same to my fez a lil while ago but the paint reacted with the plastic and started to bubble :( I've still gotta strip all the old paint off and respray with a different primer maybe as the plastic is totally ruined by sanding/spraying. Wish i had never attempted it, but you learn by your mistakes.

personally, i would colour code the M3 mirrors to the body colour and leave the baseplates black.

Wheels look pretty tasty!! and I have the same Zorst! I agree that it should be lifted an inch or so as when you slam the suspension to the ground it will hit the speed bumps!!

Keep up the good work lad and well done for attempting it yourself.
- Now Drive a 1600cc Pug 306 GTI Spec
RichardPoll
Poster
Poster

Postby festa-1.3 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:04 pm

Cheers mate, i did eventually do the mirrors same colour as the car, but they looked shi t, so now im awaiting delivery of clear side repeaters and dtm, mirrors which i will be leaving black!
festa-1.3
Post Master
Post Master

Postby RichardPoll on Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:11 pm

festa-1.3 :Cheers mate, i did eventually do the mirrors same colour as the car, but they looked shi t, so now im awaiting delivery of clear side repeaters and dtm, mirrors which i will be leaving black!

They should've looked ok mate, i've just seen a pic of your mirrors painted, would've looked better if you didnt paint the plates.

Clear side repeaters are cool, I ordered tinted ones for my fez but either would look gr8

haha dont blame ya for leavin ur mirrors!! once you spray them and mess em up theres no goin back to black!!

Keep up the good work bud. And dont take no stik, you only learn and improve by making mistakes.

Richard
- Now Drive a 1600cc Pug 306 GTI Spec
RichardPoll
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.