Quad Turbo

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Quad Turbo

Postby Big Walker on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:08 am

I know this would be difficult but would it be able to make a quad turbo'd zetec, using small motorbike turbo's ?

If yes what all do you reckon would be required ???

Serious idea's please :)
Lower than a snakes bollox

Each day I break my own personal record for the number of consecutive days I've stayed alive :)
Big Walker
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Seat Ibiza

Postby scotty_boy on Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:04 pm

What's the point? Just buy something that's already quick :lol: By the time you've spent your life savings on four small turbos strapped onto a Zetec, you could've bought a Pulsar or something that manages to get its power down better than a Fiesta could.
scotty_boy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Big Walker on Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:14 pm

Just to be the first one to do it :) think it'd be a cool project and would be a nice fun fester to drive / show :)

Each day I break my own personal record for the number of consecutive days I've stayed alive :)
Big Walker
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:27 pm

It would cost silly money to get sorted be overly complex and I doubt it would give you the gain that a normal turbo conversion would.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby DunnysMK3 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:44 pm

sounds good mate, but i hope youve got a silly amount of dosh to throw at it, if that's the route you're going down :)
DunnysMK3
Poster
Poster

Postby Big Walker on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:28 pm

ok then hypothetically then guys what all would be needed to do this ?

Big Walker
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby j7aoc on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:06 pm

Some RX7 owners convert there car's to a single turbo for more power so i think it would be wast of money
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby heeman10 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:10 pm

You might enjoy these pictures I took in January :)

James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby Pez on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:11 pm

Many many years ago, Turbo Technics produced a kit to convert Cosworth engines to twin turbo, using two small turbo's. I haven't seen one of these in god knows how long, i think goes some way to demonstrate the benefits of them. Yes, you will have four turbos, but its not really going to gain you anything apart from a s**t load of ball ache and an empty wallet. As you also pay extortionate amounts of insurance for an Si, any company you ask to quote you will most likely shove three of the four turbo's up your arse and then fall over laughing at the stupidity. :)
Pez
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.