[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
Question - Mk1 Focus RS injectors.... : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

Question - Mk1 Focus RS injectors....

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Question - Mk1 Focus RS injectors....

Postby black2 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi all,

As some may know im building a zetec turbo for my car.

Recently been looking at the fuel injector side of things and am / was / still am : looking at fitting cvh top feed injectors with the cvh fuel rail, no real probs there, but then i got thinking.....

What injectors did Ford put in the mk1 Focus RS? Are they side feed and do they run 16 ohmes? If so surely you could fit these in the zetec fuel rail and job done?

Gareth.

The return to standard, from the above sig pics - back to how Ford intended..............
and-so-it-begins-update-24-02-08-vt162934/
black2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: Question - Mk1 Focus RS injectors....

Postby frostie on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:51 pm

hi pal i am using mk1 focus rs injectors on my zt build they are top fed and work on a focus rs injector fuel rail and manifold they don't work or fit on any off the silver top manifolds only black top manifolds that can be picked up for £20

i cannot believe people are only just realizing this is the quickest and simple way to get around the fueling side of things of the zt builds ! focus injectors can run up to 300bhp too.

cheers
2.0ltr FSi running v2.2 megasquirt fitted and mapped by ShortWorx
See http://www.shortworx.tk for all your megasquirt needs
frostie
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Ruishy1 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:54 am

frostie :hi pal i am using mk1 focus rs injectors on my zt build they are top fed and work on a focus rs injector fuel rail and manifold they don't work or fit on any off the silver top manifolds only black top manifolds that can be picked up for £20

i cannot believe people are only just realizing this is the quickest and simple way to get around the fueling side of things of the zt builds ! focus injectors can run up to 300bhp too.

cheers

actually the quickest and simplest is using nissan turbo side feed injectors, from the 200sx, rb25 skyline and 300zx, 300+ bhp and pick them up for pennies as they all upgrade to nismo 555's as a minimum :wink:
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby black2 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:36 pm

Ruishy1 :
frostie :hi pal i am using mk1 focus rs injectors on my zt build they are top fed and work on a focus rs injector fuel rail and manifold they don't work or fit on any off the silver top manifolds only black top manifolds that can be picked up for £20

cheers

actually the quickest and simplest is using nissan turbo side feed injectors, from the 200sx, rb25 skyline and 300zx, 300+ bhp and pick them up for pennies as they all upgrade to nismo 555's as a minimum :wink:

Nissan injectors - they dont run 16 ohmes though do they? therefore not compatiable with OFAC/Ford management etc?

The FRS ones are also top feed so I think I will stick to my original plans.

Gareth.

The return to standard, from the above sig pics - back to how Ford intended..............
black2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ruishy1 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 am

Was simply correcting a mistake. and it doesnt matter about top feed etc, they all do the same thing, and if your after more power, rev3 mr2 turbo injectors are side fed IIRC, and are 540cc,

What management you using ? as a ZT, with ofac with different inlet and FRS injectors is not exactly gonna run perfect
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby black2 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Will run fine on ofac & custom MSD chip, im using beige injectors, theres a very well known zt on here that runs this spec and its fine.

Not sure why all the confusion, I was always planning on running cvh top feed injectors, then had a thought about the Focus RS to see if they ran side feed (as this is what the zetecs run) of which, if they had I would have considered them, but they dont their top feed hence sticking to my plans of cvh injectors!

Nothing more to say.

Gareth.

black2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.