questions about megasquirt (were to buy etc)

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

questions about megasquirt (were to buy etc)

Postby H41-NSF on Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:55 pm

I'm looking at running megasquirt on my zt engine and wandering were the best place to buy from and how good is the wideband and autotune setup. does is set the engine up well enough to run everyday. I've heard about how tricky it can be to diy map it thats why I'm looking at autotune.

Any advice is highly appreciated,

Nath
Image Image
H41-NSF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: questions about megasquirt (were to buy etc)

Postby edders on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:37 pm

Apparently you can set it up so that it has 2 different maps (or more im not sure) so you can set it up to have one map as high power for track but have a little switch that changes the map to a more economical one.
8 slices, 4 Sandwiches.
edders
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sord_Fish on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:38 am

Best place to buy from is http://www.diyautotune.com
You can also purchase an adapter to make it plug and play with your existing loom. (I've done this on a few fiestas including frostie on here)
Try to avoid buying ECUs off ebay as some aren't built properly and have a habit of failing prematurely :rolleyes:
The autotune will get you started but you will definitely want to tune it properly with the proper wideband gear.

Expect head aches, if you want a turn key solution consider other management.
Last edited by Sord_Fish on Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have any Questions related to Megasquirt don't hesitate to PM me
Sord_Fish
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Captain Tightpants on Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:15 pm

Sord_Fish :Best place to buy from is http://www.diyautotune.com or i can supply you one with an adapter to make it plug and play with your existing loom. (I've done this on a few fiestas including frostie on here)
Dont buy the MS ECUs off ebay made by mtech they aren't built properly and have a habit of melting :rolleyes:

The autotune will get you started but you will definitely want to tune it properly with the proper wideband gear.

By the looks of it your in the business of making these ECUs. Firstly it doesn't look professional to bad mouth competitors, customers pick up on this extremely quickly, so please try and avoid it. Secondly, I'm sure there are some traders fees you should be paying! :wink:

Check out glensgarage, or as said above diyautotune. There are plenty of resources online for everything you will ever need to know. I would encourage anybody building one of these ECU's to buy one for the right reason. To build and learn from. Not a cheap easy management option. Megasquirt has it's own set of problems. Make sure you research into it properly and are sure this is the route you want to go.

Steve
Captain Tightpants
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sord_Fish on Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:42 pm

I don't normally "bad mouth" competitors i just feel, as a friend and not a trader, to inform people about their poor construction. As for trading fees, I have removed my website and edited my previous post accordingly, I do apologise. I don't frequent this forum much.
If you have any Questions related to Megasquirt don't hesitate to PM me
Sord_Fish
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby 2.0zetec on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:52 am

hi just wonderin about these megasquirt ecu's would they make much difference to the performance/driveability of a n/a engine as ive just put the 2.0 zetec in my 2i and i'm gonna build up a zt over the next few months and was thinkin about installing mega squirt now and then re-mapping to accomodate the zt when its done. any ideas? :)

p.s iv'e been looking into injectors to fit to the zt and nissan 200sx ones seem to go into my fuel rail (side fed) would the different impedance of these work with the megasquirt system?
2.0zetec
Poster
Poster

Postby frostie on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:24 pm

2.0zetec :hi just wonderin about these megasquirt ecu's would they make much difference to the performance/driveability of a n/a engine as ive just put the 2.0 zetec in my 2i and i'm gonna build up a zt over the next few months and was thinkin about installing mega squirt now and then re-mapping to accomodate the zt when its done. any ideas? :)

p.s iv'e been looking into injectors to fit to the zt and nissan 200sx ones seem to go into my fuel rail (side fed) would the different impedance of these work with the megasquirt system?

hi there mate i have a 2.0 in fiesta too with megasquirt i only did it to learn bit more about managements and engines how they work etc and for future plans (zt) and i was very surprised with the n/a overall performance from it plus ive done a few extra mods recently and i know ive got full potential out of them. as for the question on impedence v2.2 can only use high impedence and v3 can use either high or low hope this helps get it fitted nw and have a play with it before the zt conversion
cheers frostie
2.0ltr FSi running v2.2 megasquirt fitted and mapped by ShortWorx
See http://www.shortworx.tk for all your megasquirt needs
frostie
Post Master
Post Master

Postby 2.0zetec on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:12 pm

thanx m8 will do asap gotta get the welder out 1st cos the rear arches are fouqqette :(
2.0zetec
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.