Questions! Fiesta RS turbo

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Questions! Fiesta RS turbo

Postby Fredrik_SWE on Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:46 am

what is the gas usage on a Fiesta RS trubo?? if you drive properly? and if you dont =)

And, how many hp can you get with a 165chip, K&N 57i induction kit, exaust, and a dump walve..???

When does the turbo starts to load pressure? witch rpm??

And does the dumpwalve sound mutch or is it a little "psshhooo" or is it a larger "PSSSHHOOO"??

Whitch is the fiestas wheak link? gearbox or the engien or nether?

Planing to by one! And the cool thing is! if i do so, I`ll be the firs in Sweden that have a Fiesta RS Turbo! =) i have look`t around and i dont find a fiesta Rs turbo anywhere in sweden =)) so i`ll think i`ll be the first one! =)

very thankfull for some answers!
//Fredrik
Fredrik_SWE
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby bcracknell on Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:30 pm

what is the gas usage on a Fiesta RS trubo?? if you drive properly? and if you dont =)
used to get 25mpg when mine was standard on a run - goes way down when you cane it though.

And, how many hp can you get with a 165chip, K&N 57i induction kit, exaust, and a dump walve..???
theoretically 165! dump valve won't make a difference to bhp

When does the turbo starts to load pressure? witch rpm??
runs out of steam about 5300 ish if i remeber correctly

And does the dumpwalve sound mutch or is it a little "psshhooo" or is it a larger "PSSSHHOOO"??
depends on the make but it make enough sound don't worry :D

Whitch is the fiestas wheak link? gearbox or the engien or nether?
once you get to big power the gearbox - but you'll need to be well over 200bhp to have probs. weakest link is probably getting it set up right, have it well mapped and don;t play about with the settings and you won't have any probs.
bcracknell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:47 pm

FRST fuel usage : When running at 10psi i got approx 25mpg

The FRST turbo starts to work at approx 2500rpm and runs out at 5500rpm

Weakness : gearbox, especially with mileage. I had to fix mine after going stage1, but that was with 100k ;)
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby Fredrik_SWE on Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:02 pm

ok, thats good! :)

what psi do you recomend to use when use 165chip? with exhaust and a K&N 57i induction kit??

What does a K&N 57i induction kit cost? and so a exhaust?? and last, a 165chip? what will i pay for all that? Planing to buy everything..

And does a exhaust Sounds very mutch? or is it a nice sound?

What RPM Do you guys have when you doing 55mph??
3500?? more or less? :)
//Fredrik
Fredrik_SWE
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby bcracknell on Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:26 pm

5th @ 100mph was only about 4k rpm I seem to remember
bcracknell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:49 pm

I have a 165 chip and am hitting 15psi peak holding 13psi on standard I/C and fuelling and get 140bhp @ wheels, which makes approx 165bhp @ fly. I am probably hitting the max for the fuelling and definitely hitting the max for the I/C.

I recommend you get a Mongoose exhaust system = £330 approx. these exhausts are very un-restrictive un-like others, no names mentioned ;)
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby Fredrik_SWE on Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:05 pm

So if i will go for 11.5psi that would be safe?

How is the sound on the exhaust that you recomended? and how many silenser? 1 or 2?

Thanks for all help! :)
//Fredrik
Fredrik_SWE
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby EvilFranky on Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:24 pm

I hit 167bhp with a 165 chip, Magnex Exhaust, Filter, Dump Valve.

11.5psi isn't really enough to take advantage of the chip. I was running 13.5psi, and all seemed fine...although i have a T3 on now, and the bloody car isn't set up yet :cry:

If u want a loud exhaust, get a system with only the back box, no bafflers inbetween.
EvilFranky
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FiestaT on Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:54 am

Dont be expecting 165bhp with all the mods you have listed, as you might be dissapointed as i was when i had mine checked last year before having some more mods done.

I had a 165 superchip, k & n 57i, s/s exhaust system, dump valve, stage 2 head and a kent cvh35k fast road cam and only read 135bhp@wheels about 160 at the flywheel@13psi. Shouldnt be maxing more than this on that chip with a standard cooler.

Now i have added a power engineering fully remappable chip and a set of beige injectors so should be looking at a bit more after the rollers. :D
FiestaT
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.