re-bore

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

re-bore

Postby Straight882003 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:46 pm

hi can any 1 tell me roughly how much a re-bore and pistons would cost me on my fez turbo (just a std job no performance joby)
cheers matthew :wink:
Straight882003
Poster
Poster

Postby TarmacTerrorist on Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:02 pm

at my work u gunna be lookin around 900 pound dats wid the dreded VAT lol

wot uther quotes u had?
Onto my 6th MK3 Fiesta and think this ones a keeper :P
TarmacTerrorist
Poster
Poster

Postby Gazeddy on Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:35 pm

please learn to speak english
1.6 si coming soon
5 Door Register
Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their heads out of car windows
Gazeddy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:21 am

£900 is a total rip off

rebore is gunna be about £100, its nor £20-£25 a bore so say 100 for that.
pistons, if you having it bored to say +5 your gunna [ERRR] .50mm over size pistons, for a turbo engine dont get cheap cr@p, i got mahale pistons, which are norm fitted as standard anyway and my pistons cost me £270 brand new, and i paid £40 to have the pistons fitted.

but if you getting rebore and the pistons from same place there prob fit them free, but pistons can be got cheaper mail order at times.

why ya got it all out why not have the crank reground?
my crank grind inc new bigs and mains and trust was £135, but i got that done near where my dads mate lives as it was to expensive near me.

all the prices i have said above is what i paid, it wasnt plus vat etc, so £900 is a rip big tip
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby TarmacTerrorist on Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:39 pm

yea i agree with you to be fair m8 but at a garage you have to cover over heads so dats y i prioced it up around 900 unless the engine wa already stripped then the price wud be much lower.
Onto my 6th MK3 Fiesta and think this ones a keeper :P
TarmacTerrorist
Poster
Poster

Postby jayrs on Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:34 am

FORD-4-LIFE :yea i agree with you to be fair m8 but at a garage you have to cover over heads so dats y i prioced it up around 900 unless the engine wa already stripped then the price wud be much lower.

yeah i see your point there, i stripped and cleaned my enigne my self, so yeah that would cost extra.
but £900 is still abit over the top really, for £200 more you can get a fully recon one from fords.
well thats if they still do them :lol: :lol: :lol:

but yeah i guess if a dirty old lump was dropped off, it was stripped cleaned and rebuilt, and i mean done proper, and painted and put back together then it will cost more than what mine did.

so best off stripping it ya self mate, and get a tin of gunk or jizer and degrease it ya self :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.