[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
Removing Cat ... : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

Removing Cat ...

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Removing Cat ...

Postby cheby on Wed May 04, 2005 7:49 pm

Hello all,

I am having many problems with my Powerflow exhaust at the moment. The backbox is fine, but the pipe between the cat and the backbox keeps dropping down (not powerflow), which results in the backbox vibrating on the rear valance. I have it booked up for Saturday once again and I was thinking about having the pipes from the manifold - cat - backbox replaced with a new one and get rid of the cat. My car requires it but I am not sure how to go about doing it.

Shall I get the cat cut open and a pipe put inside through it for the chance of on the spot emission test by the plod?

Or shall just get the pipe straight through with no cat?

How will both options effect the Lamba Sensor and is the sensor needed?

Cheers

Cheby
:D
cheby
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby FedeArg on Wed May 04, 2005 9:38 pm

You want to increase about 4-5hp loosing the cat??? Well here in Argentina you can do it and get away with it BUT as I have read, in England the MOT is much more strict than here and since the gas test is made by a machine you will fail.

It is a bit stupid to open a cat and place a piece of piping inside. Just ask the exhaust guiy to put a piece of pipe where the cat goes and keep the cat so you can put it when you have to go through MOT.
Consider taht if you remove the cat the gases will flow faster and therefore the lambda sensor will not get as hot as it should and will missread. Your car will run a bit richer.
Fahr nicht schneller als dein Schutzengel fliegen kann
FedeArg
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby VUK on Wed May 04, 2005 10:18 pm

FedeArg :You want to increase about 4-5hp loosing the cat??? Well here in Argentina you can do it and get away with it BUT as I have read, in England the MOT is much more strict than here and since the gas test is made by a machine you will fail.

It is a bit stupid to open a cat and place a piece of piping inside. Just ask the exhaust guiy to put a piece of pipe where the cat goes and keep the cat so you can put it when you have to go through MOT.
Consider taht if you remove the cat the gases will flow faster and therefore the lambda sensor will not get as hot as it should and will missread. Your car will run a bit richer.

yea but when you do take it to MOT just stick standard exhaust on, easy.

they are cheap in the scrap
1995 Fiesta SI 3 door, green something, 2L + diesel gearbox in(130mph @ 5,000rpm :o), focus inlet in, + k&n, passed mot without a cat :D < FIESTA FOR SALE! GOT A BMW 528I SE MANUAL NOW :)
http://www.finalgear.com
VUK
Post Master
Post Master

Postby cheby on Wed May 04, 2005 11:06 pm

Ok. I was intending in keeping the cat if I had it removed, which I would probably do. But it is on its way out anyways so that is why I wasn't too worried about cutting it open and gutting it. Only thing is if I dont have the cat on at all and get pulled over and they do an one the spot emissions test I will be buggered (read that on here, not sure if it true?). However if I had it on and gutted I could then say I wasn't aware of it.

Where would the lambo sensor go if I had a straight through pipe from the manifold to the backbox?

Cheers

Cheby
:D
cheby
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby FedeArg on Wed May 04, 2005 11:45 pm

VUK :
FedeArg :You want to increase about 4-5hp loosing the cat??? Well here in Argentina you can do it and get away with it BUT as I have read, in England the MOT is much more strict than here and since the gas test is made by a machine you will fail.

yea but when you do take it to MOT just stick standard exhaust on, easy.

they are cheap in the scrap

Thanks, I forgot to write that :bonkers:
Fahr nicht schneller als dein Schutzengel fliegen kann
FedeArg
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.