Results of the NOS...

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Results of the NOS...

Postby Wude Si 16v on Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:46 pm

I have been out for a run and i know it isnt the most accurate way of timing, but i used a stopwatch. well it wasnt actually me but a friend timed me.

I managed 0-60 in 7.2 seconds, and if anyone downgrades this time for an Si i will personally injure them severly... :lol:

I used a 50 shot of nitrous and it picked up pretty damn good.

I know i have no proof of this, but if you dont believe me then dont... dont really give a rats ass, :)

cheers, A.
Wude Si 16v
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Canwell on Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:45 pm

7.2 is pretty rapid for a n/a car, how much did the whole setup cost including fitting etc? and u declared it to ur insurance?

i personally would spend my money on a turbo conversion. but then i have no money!!! :(
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Andy Si on Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:25 pm

Saw this on the RSOC... Bring it, don't sing it :wink:

You should bring it to the R&R day ?

ps im not saying i dont believe ya :bonkers:
Last edited by Andy Si on Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Si
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dr_blackman on Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:28 pm

Wicked nice one :-)

Hmm Nos :D

Dave.
7 Years and on my 5th Car, Fiesta 1.1i, Saxo VTR 98bhp, Bmw 318is Coupe,C2 VTS and now a 1998 Toyota Supra ;)
dr_blackman
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fiestasi-Andy on Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:30 pm

go on lad give it some :D
Fiestasi-Andy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby chumkila on Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:36 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmm **thoughts flying around chumkila's head** :D
chumkila
Dirty Post Whore!
Dirty Post Whore!

Postby Wude Si 16v on Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:08 pm

the whole thing cost about £700, to be honest with you i wish i had gone for a turbo conversion. i am always scared that my bottle will run out so i dont want to use it as much.

by the way, it is nothing like fast and the furious, even though they are running 100 jets.

the next stage is 75 brake jets... who's ya daddy....!! nitrous baby!! :D

cheers, Adam.

:devil:
Wude Si 16v
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby festajon on Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:39 am

How can u get it to go in at the right time mate? have u got a progressive controller or summit? like if it all came in from idle to 7000rpm i can see traction being a big problem! can u have it so that it comes in at 3k or so? I know u said u fitted a button for it, but was that to 'arm' and 'disarm' the nitrous, so to speak, so u not always using it when goin around town etc, or was it just to turn it on and release it into the fuel system like fast and furious?
Am interested in this mate and sounds like a stormer at the mo. :D Good work mate

cheers
Jon
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Wude Si 16v on Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:42 pm

the way it works is there is a microswitch which you place near the throttle arm in the engine, when you floor it the throttle arm hits the microswitch and turns the nitrous on. this doesnt fire it just arms it, then you have a switch in the car which you press to release the NOS :devil: , it only stops firing when you either take your foot off the throttle or take your finger off the firing switch,

hope this has made it a little clearer,

Adam.
Wude Si 16v
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Canwell on Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:35 pm

Wude Si 16v :the way it works is there is a microswitch which you place near the throttle arm in the engine, when you floor it the throttle arm hits the microswitch and turns the nitrous on. this doesnt fire it just arms it, then you have a switch in the car which you press to release the NOS :devil: , it only stops firing when you either take your foot off the throttle or take your finger off the firing switch,

hope this has made it a little clearer,

Adam.

could u rig it up the other way, so u arm it with a switch, then when u floor it, it then releases the NOS - so it works similarly to a turbo.?
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Wude Si 16v on Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:06 pm

you can rig them up how you want really, you could do what you say about the on/off switch, but there is no point activating the NOS unless you are flooring it, it would be a waste of nitrous.
Wude Si 16v
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby lazy_arse_pie on Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:15 pm

sound good :D 7.2- 60mph is possible ! when you think a saxo vts does it in 7.8 std :-?

just i think it is poss and if not put the 75bhp jets in and it WILL ! :devil: #

jeff :bonkers:
lazy_arse_pie
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Muzza on Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:00 pm

i reckon 7.2 is possible, but like you said a stopwatch is'nt the most accurate way of timing things :rolleyes:
but who can afford proper timing gear anyways? :-?
ImageImage
Newsflash : Jeremy Beadle has a small penis. but on the other hand, it's massive.
Muzza
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby PF Dave on Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:28 am

Wude it wouldnt be a waste of nitrous mate as if your foot wasnt on the floor it wouldnt be active! :wink:

7.2 seems reasonable for a stop watch attempt...beleive me though when you use proper timing gear your time will be slower...(same for everyones not just saying yours there btw :) )
PF Dave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.