[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
Rev Counter : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

Rev Counter

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Rev Counter

Postby muzzleboy on Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:19 pm

I need help again, I have a 1.3 Equipe Fiesta (1994)

Now it does not come with a rev counter as standard, but I have purchased an XR2i speedo from the scrappies.

I need to know how to hook it up.

From the speedo itself there is a big thick black cable (with a stern silver inner cable that spins round) that leads down to the engine itself. That gives you your speed reading, now on the XR2i and Si and any other fiesta with a rev counter, where this black speedo cable connects to the engine, there are 2 small wires at the connection point. these wires are NOT present on 1.1 fiestas and alike, but they ARE present on my 1.3 engine....are these the wired for the rev counter or am i way off base?

If you know how to hook a rev counter up please tell me...in detail if you can, im not a mechnic so know little bout engines. :lol:

Cheers
Muzzle
Muzzleboy
muzzleboy
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby FezzR on Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:26 pm

dont thinik it will work
aparently u need a late spec dial
ie from a 1.1 or 1.3 that came with a revo as standard that is a mk3.5 like urs
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby Liebo on Sat Apr 19, 2003 9:16 am

You need one from a Mk3.5 fiesta like the mk3.5 Ghia or LX model.

Mk3.5 get the signal for rev counter from the ECU, whereas mk3 get it from ignition coil or gears.

XR2i one will read incorrectly when wired up.
Liebo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby df908 on Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:53 am

where this black speedo cable connects to the engine, there are 2 small wires at the connection point.

Sounds like the vehicle speed sensor. EFi uses it to raise idle when you're moving (if its working, unlike mine).
Nige

'94 mondeo. Pass the mortgage, son.

Hmm... what... eh?
df908
Post Master
Post Master

Postby FezzR on Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:10 pm

df908 :
where this black speedo cable connects to the engine, there are 2 small wires at the connection point.

Sounds like the vehicle speed sensor. EFi uses it to raise idle when you're moving (if its working, unlike mine).

no these have naff all to do with revo
revo is a single wire (that installed will run from edis to the instrument cluster multiplug, if ur lucky like me it will already be there
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.