RS2000 Rear brake conversion

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

RS2000 Rear brake conversion

Postby 230zvh on Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:52 am

Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post

Just wondering if anyone can tell me abou the RS2000 rear disk conversion.

I have had this in my garage for quite some time and I am going to fit it over christmas. Just wondering if the track width is increased any when fitting the rs2000 rear disks.

Also i would like to know what brake pipes i need? I have read different opinions, some say i need RS2000 ones, some say fiesta ones will fit and some say custom ones are needed. I have steel hoses if this helps at all?

Do i need to use the RS2000 handbrake cable? will this fit without any mods

i remember a fast ford tech pull out ages ago with the guide in it, but i cant for the life of me find it

many thanks

Dave
230bhp ZVH T34'd J reg Fiesta Turbo
230zvh
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby RS_Rawli on Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:19 am

see andyrs1800s post

think you need to make custom brake pipes, and RS2000 handbrake cable fits if you use the fiesta yoke,

see XRSI for the scans

no idea about track width though someone else will answer that one
RS_Rawli
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Jur on Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:52 am

needed appart from hubs and callipers

- RS2000 brake hoses.. or standard hoses and custom made copper/steel brake lines.
- RS2000 (mk5a/b) handbrake cable
- 16mm diameter, 20mm long pipe .. slit open using an angle grinder .. to compromise the different handbrake cable outer shell fixing points under the car.
- if rs2000 brake lines are used.. you should also modify some brake house fixing clamps so that it can be fixed on the back of the hub.

I used a KA hub spacer (modified, cause standard wont fit) to space out the hubs 10mm a side.
I also used 10mm longer hub bolts (sierra cos)

I grinded off the original handbrake cable fixing point on the rear axle to make space for the rs2000 one..
*If you start to see in Black and White, you know you're pulling enough G's*
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby 230zvh on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:36 am

Thanks RS_Rawlie, ive PM'd him for the scans, still waiting on a reply though.

Jur, are they front or rear hoses that i need?
230bhp ZVH T34'd J reg Fiesta Turbo
230zvh
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Jur on Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:31 pm

230zvh :Thanks RS_Rawlie, ive PM'd him for the scans, still waiting on a reply though.

Jur, are they front or rear hoses that i need?

For the rear setup i used the rear hoses.
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re:

Postby gcodin on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Jur :needed appart from hubs and callipers

- RS2000 brake hoses.. or standard hoses and custom made copper/steel brake lines.
- RS2000 (mk5a/b) handbrake cable
- 16mm diameter, 20mm long pipe .. slit open using an angle grinder .. to compromise the different handbrake cable outer shell fixing points under the car.
- if rs2000 brake lines are used.. you should also modify some brake house fixing clamps so that it can be fixed on the back of the hub.

I used a KA hub spacer (modified, cause standard wont fit) to space out the hubs 10mm a side.
I also used 10mm longer hub bolts (sierra cos)

I grinded off the original handbrake cable fixing point on the rear axle to make space for the rs2000 one..

Hello Jur and sorry for intruding in the topic,but why are the ka hub spacers needed?
Does the conversion move the rear wheels further under the car?

Thank you!
gcodin
Poster
Poster

Re: RS2000 Rear brake conversion

Postby Jur on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:47 pm

A simple anser to this question:

When fitting the RS2000 rear discs, The rs2000 handbrake cable fouls the rear axle of the fiesta without spacing the complete setup out. (including wheels)
Pro: rear wheels fill the rear arches beter
Con: You could get some rubbing wheels on the wheel arches.

Other way of doing things is to cut back one of the corners of the rear axle that is fouling the handbrake cable (you'll notice yourself which corner) .. and repeat the same on the other side.

Your choice really .

If you want to use the focus setup or the Fiesta ST setup, you need a different rear beam (of a mk5 zetec-s) .. and i'm not aware of cutback is needed then.
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.