setting up my zvh

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

setting up my zvh

Postby neil_zvh on Tue May 13, 2008 4:33 am

i build my zvh turbo a couple of years ago now, i have never had it set up on the rollers.
i am runnig the standard ecu with a 195 chip beige injectors, piper 285t2 cam t3 turbo.

what do they actually set up? can they change the map on a stanard ecu?
1800 ZVH turbo on 18s
neil_zvh
Poster
Poster

Re: setting up my zvh

Postby Oranoco on Tue May 13, 2008 1:37 pm

They will setup the boost level and the fuel pressure and generally check the engine over for health. I wouldn't think an off the shelf 195 chip would be that suitable as it's not designed for a ZVH in mind. Setting an engine up really is an absolute must. At best you will not be getting the most from it and at worst you could potential cause some very expensive damage.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Tue May 13, 2008 5:01 pm

Am I right in thinking we spoke about this a couple of months ago Neil? As Steve says, the 195 chip isn't very well-suited to the ZVH, as we've seen on our rollers in the past. We would source a suitable chip from MSD, then check, assess and adjust (if necessary) your boost and fuel pressures along with your base CO level. There is a very realistic chance that your engine will be running lean past about 4,500rpm, which means that you could be risking the life of your pistons every time you floor it. There's also a good chance that your economy could be considerably better once the engine is running on a suitable map.

To give an idea of cost, a chip from MSD to suit your application would be £250, and setting it up on the rollers is a standard £125 fee for a turbocharged car, provided no additional work is required.
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby neil_zvh on Wed May 14, 2008 1:49 am

Thanks for you replys.
i dont think i ve spoke to you about it
i know what your saying about the 195chip its mapped for the 1.6 cvh not a 1.8zvh so it will not be right all tho it does seem to run very well.
i have been thinking about getting stand alone managment some thing like a megasquirt, am i right in thinking that would be more mappable than a mappable chip?
thanks again
Neil
1800 ZVH turbo on 18s
neil_zvh
Poster
Poster

Postby GavStyli on Wed May 21, 2008 11:13 am

why go the long way round, and put new management in when you know you could get a chip done to your spec on your existing frst management :-?
btw proffesional mapping alone costs between £400 - £500!
you could never know if your cars running well unless you have the fueling etc checked !!!! if i was you, id take it easy
GavStyli
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta Turbo

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby RS GEZ on Wed May 21, 2008 11:29 am

we have similair spec engines here ie mine

i am in same boat too mine pops and bangs when not accelerating yet seems to drive and boost fine although it is actually on the std ecu as far as i am aware??? oh and it has dark green injectors.........

will track this topic and see what you do and what results you get as i wanna sort mine and make sure its running right :) :)
listening for costly strange noises????
RS GEZ
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.