Si Turbo???????????????

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Si Turbo???????????????

Postby FEZ_Si on Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:59 pm

I know I could do a 2ltr conversion on my si, but is it possible to turbocharge my existing 1.6 zetec, it only done 60,000 miles and its alwayz been serviced and looked after as I bought it off me dads m8 who had it from new, it seems a waist to bin a healthy lump. Also a turbo really appeals to me! Any ideas guys? Has it been done? Cheers
FEZ_Si
Poster
Poster

Postby leehardingspurs on Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:06 pm

This appeals to me also. 1.6 SI is it worth 2.0litre conversion? Ive been told Turbo in 1.6 is quite expensive :-?
leehardingspurs
Post Master
Post Master

Postby scotty_boy on Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:43 pm

jonosi has got one in his Si. pointless doesnt even come close!

you'll need to drill and tap the block to oil feeds and returns to the turbo. you'll need to find and install FRST management which means hacking at the loom. you'll need either a low compression spacer plate, OR new low comp pistons. it'll need a rebuild no doubt and then you've just got the effort of little bits and pieces, eg. exhaust and stuff.

start from the best base you can, the 2 litre. then if you wanna turbo that, it'll give you more power and prob for less money.
scotty_boy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FEZ_Si on Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:09 pm

I just wanna find out about a turbo conversion, or maybe frst head on mine would work making mine a zvh, if pos, not sure.
FEZ_Si
Poster
Poster

Postby Low Down And Dirty on Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:23 pm

The 1.6 is a odd engine to put a turbo on there fore it would be expensive, they don't make low comp pistons so a decompression plate would have to be made and, also as someone elce said you would have to sourse and fit FRST managment.
Low Down And Dirty
Post Master
Post Master

Location: Andover ish Drives: RS1800 and Overfinched Range Rover

Postby scotty_boy on Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:24 pm

you'll need to have £1000+ to spend. if you've got a zetec head already why buy a cvh head to put on it? :-? people only use a cvh head if they have a big valve head, or want to keep the low down torque the 8v gives em.

speak to ian at fiesta frenzy if you're serious about it. but im sure he'd just tell you to buy a 2L.
scotty_boy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FEZ_Si on Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:37 pm

I was just thinking that If I buy a smashed frst or one with a rottern body I could use eveything off it but keep my bottom end (zvh) as its stronger, which could make for a easier conversion rather than trying to turbo my zetec. Then I could sell the rest of the frst bits taht are left ie interior, bodykit etc and make some money back making a cheaper conversion. I did originally want a 2.0ltr but alot of people seem to be doing it, and a turbo si would be a bit differnet, I can afford and insure an rs turbo but I dont want one.
FEZ_Si
Poster
Poster

Postby Stoned on Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:06 pm

WASTE...OF...TIME
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby scotty_boy on Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:25 pm

like the main man chris said : waste of time. you'll end up spending money on an Si which wont be worth anything after all your hard earned cash has been ploughed into it. buy an frst if you want turbo power.
scotty_boy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.