[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
Spax or Gmax : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

Spax or Gmax

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Spax or Gmax

Postby weehuddy on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:51 pm

i have just bought 60 mm Gmax springs and want to know if they will fit on to Spax struts
I have bein told spax ar better than gmax is that true??
weehuddy
Poster
Poster

Postby RS_Raz on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:27 am

I've not heard anything bad about spax but everyone knows that G-max is crap. Unfortunately my car has G-max springs and shocks and I dont like it at all :(
RS_Raz
Post Master
Post Master

Postby weehuddy on Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:08 am

is it possible to put my springs on spax shocks?????
weehuddy
Poster
Poster

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:56 am

I prefered my gmax for the rd over my current spax setup. I feel the spax is to hard for the road but is better on track and on smooth roads handling wise.

Id go for gmax if its a road car
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: Slough. 2.0 with Raceline head, Raceline cams, T.E Exhaust manifold, and more...

Postby Oranoco on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:19 pm

I wouldn't put G-Max on my wheelie bin. Complete rubbish. Comparing Spax an G-Max is like comparing an old Skoda Estelle to a Cossie

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:56 pm

Oranoco :I wouldn't put G-Max on my wheelie bin. Complete rubbish. Comparing Spax an G-Max is like comparing an old Skoda Estelle to a Cossie

why do you think that? did you have a bad experience with them?

Mine were fine for well over a yr of hard driving. Only changed cause i got the spax cheap second hand but brand new in the box.
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: Slough. 2.0 with Raceline head, Raceline cams, T.E Exhaust manifold, and more...

Postby RS1800pec on Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:18 pm

Im debating spax or gmax to.

I dout mines ever going to touch a track so would i be better off with gmax as i wont good road handling?

(sorry to high jack the post)
RS1800pec
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:52 pm

Sunil_FiestaRS_16V :
Oranoco :I wouldn't put G-Max on my wheelie bin. Complete rubbish. Comparing Spax an G-Max is like comparing an old Skoda Estelle to a Cossie

Mine were fine for well over a yr of hard driving. Only changed cause i got the spax cheap second hand but brand new in the box.

Not just one bad experience but 4 or 5. They are utter tug :x Only good use for them is to tie round a chive before lobbing him in a canal.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:00 pm

Sunil_FiestaRS_16V :

Steve always rants about Gmax :lol: :p

Mine have been really good, perfect till I got the ZT and now I feel they're underrated and I need coilovers. Up to 175bhp or so I'd recommend Gmax for brisk road use. Spax are bloody hard, so fine if you drive on well-surfaced roads without drain covers etc, or you use the car on the track.
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby weehuddy on Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:43 am

Spax i will go for, i want my car as solid as i can get it with a budget lol :P :P
weehuddy
Poster
Poster

Postby RS1800pec on Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:02 pm

Have you ever driven a lowered car with solid suspension down a bumpy road? And lets face the average uk road is crap n bumby!

Its a fooking Bic™ of ride. Which is why im considering Gmax cause its a bit more road friendly then spax. It still lowers the car and gives you stiffer suspension just not as solid as spax :P

well thats what i keep telling myself anyway :lol:
RS1800pec
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:27 pm

Smooth SI :Have you ever driven a lowered car with solid suspension down a bumpy road? And lets face the average uk road is crap n bumby!

Its a fooking Bic™ of ride. Which is why im considering Gmax cause its a bit more road friendly then spax. It still lowers the car and gives you stiffer suspension just not as solid as spax :P

I would put standard dampers and a spring kit on. G-Max = toss

As stated earlier wouldn't fit them to my wheelie bin

Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby weehuddy on Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:20 pm

i have 60 mm springs all around, amd gmax on the back and standard shocks on the front. i find the car leans to much at the front when nailing it round corners :P so i am hink if spax with improve it more than the gmax.
i have got a grant from the college and am gonna buy stuff for the car. eg shocks and strut brace,
weehuddy
Poster
Poster

Postby DunnysMK3 on Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:12 pm

Ive ordered spax springs and dampers! I cant see what the problem with them is :-?
DunnysMK3
Poster
Poster

Postby weehuddy on Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:25 pm

just ordered my struts and a strt brace should be here by tomorrow :D:D
weehuddy
Poster
Poster

Postby Pez on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:32 pm

Oranoco :
Smooth SI :Have you ever driven a lowered car with solid suspension down a bumpy road? And lets face the average uk road is crap n bumby!

I would put standard dampers and a spring kit on. G-Max = toss

As stated earlier wouldn't fit them to my wheelie bin

What did you fit to the wheelie bin mate? Mine has H&R's on with an adjustable anti-roll bar :Q
Pez
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:15 pm

My wheelibin rides on a B&Q spring kit with bad boy lid and carboard skirts for that phat look. Just need to fit a dumpvalve now and it will be the pimpest wheelie bin in the street :lol: :lol:

Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Pez on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:16 pm

Ill race ya! :Q :lol:
Pez
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:20 pm

For pinks? :lol: :lol:

Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby weehuddy on Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:23 am

i ordered some Koni red shocks no got enough for the yellow 1s:(
Spax have discontuied the VSX Model:(
weehuddy
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.