[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
stage 3 xr2i engine : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

stage 3 xr2i engine

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

stage 3 xr2i engine

Postby Jpex on Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:57 pm

quite sure this aint been asked before.. does anyone know what bhp a stage 3, 1.6 xr2i engine would be pushin out?

spec:
02 STAGE 1

Cylinder Head : Modified and fully gas flowed, with matched spring set, surface ground.

Cylinder Block : Rebored to 0.030". Each bore cross hatch honed to exact size of each individual piston. Each ring gapped and graded to each individual piston and bore.

Crankshaft : Reground to bottom limits available, with matched set of mains and big end shells.

Con Rods : Crack tested and checked for alignment. Checked for ovality in big end housing. Fully balanced and lightened.

Camshaft : XR3 blueprinted for BHP gains, or for towing or pulling power, a lower profile camshaft for maximum gains in torque. Plus normal reconditioning process as listed above.

03 STAGE 2

As full Stage 1 specification, but including big valve head - inlet valve size 1.710" and exhaust valve size 1.500". Cutting and throating of valve seat areas. Full engine balance included.

03A STAGE 3

As Stage 2 but includes choice of camshaft kits from the full range of Piper & Kent Cams, This includes uprated springs aswell as the antipump followers.

because im going to replace a 1.4 engine with it, just wondering what kinda bhp will be pushin out.. including Air filter, full exhaust/manufold & super chip.

cheers
Joe

also could i not have anyone tellin me to get a rs turbo engine cos i just dont want one :p
Jpex
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby NeoMagic on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:01 pm

About 145bhp maybee more matey.
NeoMagic
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby freak power on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:13 pm

Add a set of throttle bodies or carbs and you'll see more!!
Now driving a 1999 Audi S3 with 2.1 20v OD HTAGT3582r Turbo

Bring on the 650+Bhp 4x4 monster
freak power
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby NeoMagic on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:21 pm

freak power :Add a set of throttle bodies or carbs and you'll see more!!

I know carbs are possible with an adapted manifold but I didn’t think there where actually any throttle bodies to suit the XR2i CVH in existence.
NeoMagic
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby freak power on Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:32 am

Have a look inside this months Practical performance car and you'll see so bike throttle bodies fitted to a modified EFI inlet

freak power
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby xrsi on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:51 pm

surely from all the expense a turbo lump dropped in would be just as cheap and alot more tuning potential?
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby Jpex on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:26 pm

thanks for the comments everyone

also want to say with the xr2i engine cos it would be more reliable than having a turbo constantly strainin the engine.. and i wouldnt be able to insure it with a turbo..
Jpex
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby TIL13R on Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:20 pm

freak power :Have a look inside this months Practical performance car and you'll see so bike throttle bodies fitted to a modified EFI inlet

Where can you buy this Mag?

I am currently having my Xr2i build upto this stage 3 and will be getting a chip to suit and air filter and full free flowing exhaust!

dont really know what to expect just hope its enough to beat the Gti's and Vts of today! :)

Tiller
TIL13R
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Jpex on Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:30 pm

^ exactly what i was hoping for lol.. to many vtr chives goin round thinkin there cars r the best ever
Jpex
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby TIL13R on Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:04 pm

Jpex :^ exactly what i was hoping for lol.. to many vtr chives goin round thinkin there cars r the best ever

Well standard it whips Vtr's just not the Vts/Gti's

Fingers crossed car will be @ FITP so come round and have a peek! :D

Tiller
TIL13R
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby freak power on Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:41 pm

TIL13R :
freak power :Have a look inside this months Practical performance car and you'll see so bike throttle bodies fitted to a modified EFI inlet

I get mine from WHSmiths

freak power
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby TIL13R on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:37 pm

freak power :
TIL13R :

I get mine from WHSmiths

Ok cheers mate i may have to pop to the big WH Smiths

cheeRS

Tiller
TIL13R
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby xrsi on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:16 pm

aq highly tuned xr2i lump will have alot more starin continually on it than a near std turbo lump to produce the same power!

the turbo lump will also be more reliable within that sort of power and require alot less money to do the work including the actual price of the conversion, ring up the insurance mate and get a quote on both before you write off the turbo conversion, alot would charge alot more for a highly tuned 2i engine than a std turbo engine in all honesty.
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby Jpex on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:15 pm

mkay will do that but still like the idea of havin a 1.6 with no turbo but still be real quick
Jpex
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Oranoco on Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:55 pm

My old XR2i made just over the 130bhp mark and never missed a beat since I built it. It was only just off the VTS's pace my friend owned and was a lot of fun. There is a lot to be said for the joys of NA motoring. :Q

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby NeoMagic on Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:36 pm

xrsi :aq highly tuned xr2i lump will have alot more starin continually on it than a near std turbo lump to produce the same power!

the turbo lump will also be more reliable within that sort of power and require alot less money to do the work including the actual price of the conversion, ring up the insurance mate and get a quote on both before you write off the turbo conversion, alot would charge alot more for a highly tuned 2i engine than a std turbo engine in all honesty.

It will cost the same if not cheaper you only need headwork to get this power and you can buy them of Egay. The head is the same as a turbo anyway so it’s all interchangeable.
NeoMagic
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby fizxr2i1649 on Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:49 pm

hi all not bin on 4 about 2 years old name xr2i 1649
just wonted 2 say i have a 1649 cvh in my xr2i and it has
highter spec than u was looking at and i got a no bull 137bhp at 5500rmp 127torq at 3500
(well went 2 p.t.s they sead 160bhp llama)
the thing that stops the 2i geting good bhp is the air in take.
u can mod the alpha throttle bodies 2 go no 2 the cvh then u looking
at about 150bhp but cost about 2G (2 years ago) and thats u doing the work and its a lot of work
i say best thing 2 do is go 4 a good head a cam kit ari filter and a good
xzorts not power flow or peco
p.s keep the std manufold its the best
but thats wot i think :)
sorry about the spelling but had hard day at work lol
fizxr2i1649
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.