stuck nuts!! Help wanted

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

stuck nuts!! Help wanted

Postby woody23 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:40 pm

HELP
i need to get the rear shocks and springs off my car, to replace with uprated shocks and springs but i cannot for the life of me get the bloody nut/bolt moving tu take the bottom of the shock out of the swing arm. Been trying for thepast hour and a half or so but ran out of light! :lol:

its a mk3.5 '94 i need to get done asap so any help/suggestions would be extremely helpful
cheers in advance :)
woody23
Poster
Poster

Re: stuck nuts!! Help wanted

Postby - Danny Boy - on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Leave it to soak in LOADS of WD40, then get a lever bar on a socket and it should come off easily :D
- Danny Boy -
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Fiesta Si 2.0

Postby Ruishy1 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:19 am

buy an impact gun, cheap ones are not bad for this type of job, ive broken a few though :lol:
if you have the cash buy a decent impact gun, its worth its weight in narwhal horn, trust me
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby woody23 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:32 pm

im on a tool buying ban at the mo!! :lol: the WD40 did very little. 15 years of dirt/rust proved too much for it been soaking for 2 days so i spoke to a chap at the local garage and he zapped them off in a jiffy for nowt! 'just goes to prove if you dont ask you dont get. so now sittin pretty on -40mm drop
cheers for your suggestions :)
woody23
Poster
Poster

Postby Hilton HS2 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:46 pm

Good old bar and some muscle should get it done. Hammer on a socket if u have to. Can be a coont of a job.
Hilton HS2
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby woody23 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:42 pm

untC is rite almost put my shoulder out trying to free them been driving a hot rod all weekend!! thats why i went to see "the MAN" and his 10k ftlb impact wrench!! all done now :D looks better than std and no rolypoly corners!
woody23
Poster
Poster

Postby mintwhiters on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:44 am

llama I did mine on my drive lying flat on my back with about 2mm between my gut and the car and nearly rocked the thing off the axle stands but they always give eventually, just have to remember that short sharp hard tries are better than a contant gut wrenching pull!
New Project In Progress!
mintwhiters
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Moved onto Motorbikes

Postby woody23 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:28 pm

mintwhiters :llama I did mine on my drive lying flat on my back with about 2mm between my gut and the car and nearly rocked the thing off the axle stands but they always give eventually, just have to remember that short sharp hard tries are better than a contant gut wrenching pull!

i did pull mine off the stand thats y it went to the garage
no damage done tho thank god!
woody23
Poster
Poster

Postby white diamond on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:52 pm

mine was rusted on aswel so i just soaked it with WD40 and used a breaker bar came off with not much hassle
old fords never die...............they just get faster!!!!!
white diamond
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Scott69 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:09 pm

what i use to do in this situation, i got a spare bolt and got the angle grinder out lol :lol:
Scott69
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.