superchip / Unichip (I know... :rolleyes:) / or phase 165 ch

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby gooner boy on Tue Feb 05, 2002 11:35 am

Now, could someone help me please. not sure about the differences in these chips. the superchip costs like £400 (fitting not sure)and phase 0 165 chip costs £175 (£100 fitting).Unichip havent got a clue

I was reading in fast ford or performance ford (both jan 02 issues) the bit on tuning xr2i 16v, that a Unichip (I know... :rolleyes:) takes into account your mods already ie. exhaust and k&n. and that superchip dont. is this true and is it worth getting a chip that can be remapped to take into account other mods later on like chargecooler or cams.

so basically what chip is best to get and why!!!

plus why price so high on superchip!!!

hope this makes sense!!!!!!!!

:smile: :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gooner boy on 2002-02-05 10:52 ]</font>
gooner boy
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby gooner boy on Tue Feb 05, 2002 11:42 am

btw when i right Unichip (I know... :rolleyes:) it comes up with the rolleyes ok. not me doing it!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek:
gooner boy
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby chumkila on Tue Feb 05, 2002 11:46 am

Unichip (I know... :rolleyes:) everytime. :wink:
chumkila
Dirty Post Whore!
Dirty Post Whore!

Postby gooner boy on Tue Feb 05, 2002 11:53 am

why Unichip (I know... :rolleyes:) and where can i get 1 from????

:smile: :smile:
gooner boy
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby chumkila on Tue Feb 05, 2002 11:58 am

Unichip (I know... :rolleyes:) because its re-programable and takes into account a hell of alot more than the superchip. go to http://www.tdi-plc.com Torque Developments International based in Essex. :wink:
chumkila
Dirty Post Whore!
Dirty Post Whore!

Postby gooner boy on Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:17 pm

wicked, cheers mate!!!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:
gooner boy
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby gooner boy on Tue Feb 05, 2002 3:55 pm

my mate has just told me he has a uni-chip, which he had on his mazda 323 turbo. reckons they are universal as its piggy back and will sell to me. are they universal? if so is it a case of just getting it reprogrammed for my car.

:???: :???:
gooner boy
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby chumkila on Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:23 pm

You'd be better off purchasing a new one as there arent many Uni-chip programmers that would re-program the chip for a different car set-up. Dont ask me why but i've just asked a Uni-chip guy. :wink:
chumkila
Dirty Post Whore!
Dirty Post Whore!

Postby gooner boy on Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:35 pm

once again chumkila im really grateful for your help

:wink:
gooner boy
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby stu@mdevelopments on Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:09 pm

Hello,
There appears to be a lot of misconceptions about what can and cant be remapped.

The fiesta CAN be remapped, equally as well as if not better than a Unichip (I know... :rolleyes:).

Where the Unichip (I know... :rolleyes:) scores is the output for extra injectors etc that the standard ecu cannot drive.

Incidentally, this isnt common knowledge because there are very few people in the country with the hardware to re-map fords eec-iv system so most tuners have to rely on a plug in chip.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,
stu

P.S. the £400 was probably with 4 beige 701 injectors. :wink:
stu@mdevelopments
Poster
Poster

Postby gooner boy on Wed Feb 06, 2002 10:06 am

cheers for that stu. more info i cant get the better!!!!!

:wink:

:cool:
gooner boy
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Ian C70T5 on Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:42 pm

I have Uni-chip..

I love it.. EVERYTIME my car goes in to have mod or tune. i get it remapped..

They plug the laptop in... and shows ALL details of car running, mixture,fuelling,mods THE LOT.. Awesome..

Its not a plug in chip either.. It is completely soldered into the ECU.. making it much more expensive to fit.. BUT much more worth it..

I was told about getting a 5th injector for a bit more fuel, the chip can be completely setup to accomodate this, because it controls the injectors so much more efficiently than normal chips..

It can also accomodate for COSSIE injectors also.. So my next step is to go for cossie injectors.. :wink:

I would VERY HIGHLY recommend this chip mate, if you want details on my tuners (PM ME :wink:)
Ian C70T5
Das Ist Kapput
Das Ist Kapput

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.