suspension question

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

suspension question

Postby Marc D on Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:45 pm

ive got a mk3 fiesta 1.6s and im putting xr2i 8v 13`s on it and i was wondering what suspension kit should i use? i want a fixed rate kit and whats the ideal drop for looks and handling?

cheers
At least i dont drive a saxo!!
Marc D
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: fiesta xr2, xr2i and rs turbo

Postby Oranoco on Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:58 pm

If the dampers are in good nick (they may well not be) stock dampers with a 30mm spring kit is about spot on. If the dampers are shot (as they likely will be) you're best spending £240 on a Spax kit. Don't be tempted to save £40 on a G-Max as they are cheap and nasty tat

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Gazeddy on Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:22 pm

i dont know oranoco ive never had a problem with my gmax stuff but its not stopping me goin to spax.
1.6 si coming soon
5 Door Register
Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their heads out of car windows
Gazeddy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:03 pm

gazeddy :i dont know oranoco ive never had a problem with my gmax stuff but its not stopping me goin to spax.

:lol: Now is the time you take a step back from Oranoco :lol: You must not praise Gmax in his presence!

(I too had great time with my Gmax, not a problem whatsoever ;) )
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby Oranoco on Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:38 pm

I know some people don't get it but I've seen so many badly built kits by this company that I can't sit back and let people buy or use them without voicing my concerns. If the failures I've seen regarding the cracking/failure of the join between the spring platfrom and shock body occur at speed it could prove fatal. There is more than the odd person on here who knows exactly where I'm coming from and one who is a trader who refuses to deal in the kits for the same reason.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:12 pm

I think that little paragraph should be your sig Steve! I'm totally with you, in the same way, I "won't let" people buy Deflex, but others (granted, very few) have had no problems with them or their products. I must've done two years on Gmax, including plenty of 100+ cornering and crazy bumpy roads slipping and sliding away with no issues, and they no live on on rsmcelroy's car :)
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.