The best tuning for a 1.3??

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

The best tuning for a 1.3??

Postby Ande Man on Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:28 pm

[ERRR] zorst is the best for a mk3 1.3 feza?

I know theres loads 2 choose from on the market, but im lost when it comes 2 it.
I hate Big Bores with a passion, i was lookin at rages but heard it may lose power!!?

I want something really that sounds nice, performance aint that important as its only a 1.3.

Also, how much and [ERRR] induction kit can i use?

All help appreciated. ande
1.3 Frazcati -------> 1.3 Si (Rep)

Wanted - 5dr Si interior
Ande Man
Poster
Poster

Postby Matt L on Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:12 pm

Your right to hate big bores, peco's are f*ckin' crap, i found that out the hard way (forkin' out £220 for a full system i had on me car for a week)
It's hard when gettin' a zorst and i've bin through about 5 and still ent found the right sound. Powerflow can make anything you want and the right noise too.

This may help:

Exhaust guide:

On a N/A fiesta an exhaust won't make a huge difference to performance but it will certainly look and sound better than the original, even if it's just a back-box. You are certainly more likely to get added power if you go for a full system and if possible a de-cat, this may give 5-7bhp depending on the engine size. The main choices are:

Janspeed:
Quality - Very impressive, only high grade stainless steel is used on the S1 system
Sound - Very subtle exhausts, slight raspy sound at higher revs (has been compared to a motorbike)
Price - Around £270 for S1 stainless system, £130 for backbox

Powerflow:
Quality - Generally very good although it depends on the individual outlet used, there have been some isolated reports of premature rust
Sound - They can customise it according to what you want, some are very loud indeed whilst others are much more subtle
Price - £230-£500 for stainless system depending on tailpipe wanted, £150-£200 for backbox

Magnex:
Quality - Very good indeed, they only use the highest quality stainless steel
Sound - Quiet burble when idling, a deep subtle tone throughout the rev range
Price - Around £270 for stainless system, £160 for backbox (only certain models)

Scorpion:
Quality - Top notch, again they only use the highest grade stainless steel
Sound - Seems to vary depending on the car, generally subtle at low revs with a roar higher up the rev range
Price - Around £280 for stainless system, £140 for backbox (only certain models)

Mongoose:
Quality - Very good, made from high quality stainless steel
Sound - Gives quite a loud roar all the way through the rev range
Price - Around £260 for stainless system (only certain models)

Piper:
Quality - Very good construction with clean welds, tailpipe can sit a bit short under the bumper
Sound - Quite subtle, just slightly louder than standard with a nice growl throughout the rev range
Price - Around £260 for stainless system, £130 for backbox

Ashley:
Quality - Not the best, they have been known to rust through after only 12 months
Sound - Tend to be very loud and deep, some have found them too loud
Price - Around £110 for mild steel system, £75 for backbox

Peco/Boxer:
Quality - Not known to be of particular high quality, hence the low price
Sound - These exhausts are made to be quite loud but not particularly refined, some report them as sounding 'tinny'
Price - Around £100 for backbox

Remus:
Quality - Pretty good, the welds and finish are said to be very solid
Sound - This is one for those who like quiet exhausts, just a fraction louder than standard systems
Price - Around £150 for mild steel system

Rage:
Quality - Apparently very good quality with solid welds
Sound - Pretty loud, they are known to give a deep roar throughout the rev range
Price - Around £300 for stainless system, £170 for backbox

And is your car injection? If not you wont be able to get an induction kit so you might want to look at these bolt on filters too:

Air Filter Guide:

There have been all kinds of debates about which works best, an induction kit or panel filter. Both methods can make a significant difference to the sound of your car. On a N/A fiesta it could be suggested that a panel filter in the airbox works slightly better because the air being drawn is more sheltered and cool whereas an induction kit is more susceptible to drawing in warm air from the engine. You can expect to gain about 2-5bhp from an aftermarket air filter depending on how it's setup and the engine size. The main choices are:

K&N: Quite subtle at lower revs then gradually gives a raspy sound and a roar at the top of the rev range
Price - Around £70 for induction kit, £40 for panel filter

Pipercross: Has a tinny kind of sound and slightly deeper than the K&N, roars almost all the way through the rev range
Price - Around £70 for induction kit, £40 for panel filter

Pipercross Viper: Very similar to the normal Pipercross although slightly louder. Supposedly gives the most power as it includes a carbon fibre heatshield.
Price - £200-£250 (induction kit only)

Green: Has been described as very similar in sound to the K&N, slightly cheaper alternative
Price - Around £60 for induction kit, £35 for panel filter

I would suggest K&N on this one .
Hope that helps :)
Matt L
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ande Man on Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:37 pm

nice 1 m8. certainly help me out there. its a toss up between Rage n Powerflow i think
1.3 Frazcati -------> 1.3 Si (Rep)

Wanted - 5dr Si interior
Ande Man
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.