The Offical FT.com Xbox Live & PS3 Online Post

Serious non-car discussion - computers, films etc. Pointless posts will be removed.

Re: The Offical FT.com Xbox Live & PS3 Online Post

Postby InS@nE on Tue May 27, 2008 11:12 am

d.j no worries on the invite i tried to do the couple you sent but by the time i had come out my game yours was full lol also played search and destory yesterday which i know aint everyones cup of tea.

ask uncle fester about the last search and destroy game i played last night :bonkers:

percy if your getting a ds get a m3 simply otherwise there not really worth it imho
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby D.J on Tue May 27, 2008 11:29 am

I'm trying to level up a bit at the mo. I went prestige and lost everything. Not doing that again!!! just gonna stay Prestige 1 and work on the challenges.

Thats the trouble with the invites. If you invite someone in the middle of their game and get impatient and start one of your own, its difficult for them to get in.
D.J
Post Master
Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Tue May 27, 2008 12:29 pm

if you want to rank up quickly do what i did :P

play head quarters and pray for a good team lol that way as you play you also gain xp points for the time you have the hq. so even if you dont shoot anyone you'll still get 250 if you win.

also try and get shipment if you can,teh level sucks nuts for playing the game propper.. but you can shoot shed loads of folks so choose a new gun and rinse it. 150kills is like 1600 points in total for the 3 stages.

all i played was that for ages i could rank from level 1 to 30 in a day easy if you got good teams.

like you said about prestidge i'm top but you really dont get anything other that the cross so if you dont give a poo then stay at 1 and go for golden guns. i was already thru level 3 or 4 anyway so thought fook it might as well go for 10 seeing as i got all day to sit here.

one thing i did find thou now i top i dont really bother with the challenges which when your raking up you tried to do them like stun and shoot fast swap etc so if you like playing the game just as a game then stay if you like it for the challenge rank up and start the game again :D

i dont regret ranking up each time as it gave me sumin to work towards and also no sleep as when you only need about 2000 points at 2 am youh ave to get em :rolleyes:
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby D.J on Tue May 27, 2008 1:19 pm

I do that from time to time, but as you know, it doesn't work if you get on a crap team though :rolleyes:

I am just making my way through the challenges to rank up. By completing 4 challanges, playing TDM for a couple of hours last night i moved from 31 to 33 :D

I love shipment. Prob my favourite map :devil: I was playing against someone the other day on HQ, they got about 120 kills and died 20 times :o :o Fook knows where he was hiding?!?!?
D.J
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Percy! on Tue May 27, 2008 2:14 pm

InS@[ERRR] :percy if your getting a ds get a m3 simply otherwise there not really worth it imho

Thats exactly why I have decided to order one. :wink:
Percy!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Citreon

Postby InS@nE on Tue May 27, 2008 8:49 pm

D.J :I love shipment. Prob my favourite map :devil: I was playing against someone the other day on HQ, they got about 120 kills and died 20 times :o :o Fook knows where he was hiding?!?!?

s**t loads of helicopters lol

percy: i got an original ds for the missis when they came out so i had to flash mine to use the games etc and run them thru a patcher but the girls at work and the sister in law got the m3 and all they have to do is drag and drop the games to the card and away they go.
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Tue May 27, 2008 8:50 pm

infact might go on after topgear if any ones about
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby D.J on Wed May 28, 2008 10:08 am

It amazes me how people get airstirkes let alone hele's on shipment. I just about manage to get a UAV :lol:

thanks for the invites last night mate, i tried you first one and couldn't get in to your game, then i called called into the ladders match so had to decline each of yours.

Prob be around tonight though
D.J
Post Master
Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Wed May 28, 2008 1:06 pm

yeah no worries chap i will prob be on later as the wifes on nights.

air strikes aint that hard once you have the first one easy way is run around like a tit get uav then hide get one more kill then move, call uav and keep an eye on where ya hiding dick 5th person call it in and hide you WILL get at least 2 folks and there's ya helpicopter

also if you die with an airstrike dont call it in soon as you spawn, wait get at least 2 or 3 kills then hide. use the air stirke that will get you a couple of kills getting you another airstrike then helicopter and ya good to go again :D

that only really works thou on small maps like shipment where ya know that you will get at least one or 2 kills with the airstrike not like on overgrown where ya prob wont even hit one :(
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby D.J on Wed May 28, 2008 1:55 pm

Thats the exact same reason i'll be on :bonkers:

You really did spend too much time playing this and analysing everything didn't you :lol:
D.J
Post Master
Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Wed May 28, 2008 2:29 pm

D.J :Thats the exact same reason i'll be on :bonkers:

You really did spend too much time playing this and analysing everything didn't you :lol:

:( :( yeah lol
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ace1001ace on Thu May 29, 2008 9:22 pm

Gamertag for xboxlive is ace1001ace, not that anyone would care right now lol
ace1001ace
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby D.J on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:41 pm

Insane, how you getting on with MGS4? whenever i turn my PS3, thats all i see you playing. have you gone online with it yet?
D.J
Post Master
Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:11 pm

slowly lol

nah aint been online at all with it still playing the game but takes ages due to about 30000000 hours of video lol.

i'm at cryin wolf now but cant do it for crap :( every time i see it i just get fooekd by it's rail gun :rolleyes: in an hour the other night i managed to get it down by about half it's health lol

ovto and raven were piece of pee i thought no health packs or anything just use a big ass gun and let rip.
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby D.J on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:42 pm

I only got it on Monday, and have only done a small piece of Act 1. I've just met Drebin the gun dealer.

I have started again though because i was wondering around like a tit in a trance the first time around :rolleyes: . Trying to go through it with as few alerts as poss.

The online is ok, no where hear as fast as COD. Takes a bit of time to register. Did you get the Beta demo? If you didn't you'll have to go through the ball ache of creating a Kanomi ID and game ID...

Oh, and there's an update to. Didn't take too long to download and install via the server...

did you download Battlefield demo? Thats pretty cool.
D.J
Post Master
Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:06 pm

yeah played the online beta jobby already so got the id and that, might have a go some time at it.

i've done cryin wolf now tried it again and it was a piece of piss to do. just crept around with night vision on and you could see it hiding away from me and just sniped her then whenit ran off follwed the footsteps in the snow and she was done. took about 5 mins if that lol
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Percy! on Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:19 pm

What this about installs per act? Sounds like it could go to 360 with one dvd per act which would be quicker...

Not been online much myself been playing command and conquer on my PC. GTA can be fun online :)
Percy!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:37 pm

it installs the main game sections to the hard drive as that can read quicker than a blu-ray or dvd can so when your in the game there is no loading between any sections kinda thing and then just plays the movies form the blu-ray. it only take a couple of mins i would say to install then there is hardly any loading time for the rest of the thing, i would say at moust 3 or 4 seconds swapping form the game to movie if that.

it wont be on the 360 chap ever imho (or give it a few years at least!!) as there are 2 many sony references during it like the ps3 thats in the game the sony-erricsons phones and the bit about bluray winning over other media and that by now you would be having to swap disc over on other systems lolol
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Percy! on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:38 pm

I think it probably will make it to 360, but its more a matter of time, either way seems a good game and the time I play it is when which ever is the sooner, a, it comes to 360 (or pc), b, The Ps3 finally gets a DS3 in the box and costs less :)

Saying that form what I have played at my mates I would say the best metal gear game is actually the twin snakes on the gamecube. But admittedly I play form start to finish of 4 may change my mind.
Percy!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:35 am

wonder how many disc it would take on the xbox blue ray is like 25gb and it's full!! thats like 3.1 xbox discs and it has to install the game and unpack it to the drive so would be at least 4 dvd i would have thought!!
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby D.J on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:01 am

I'm really enjoying MGS, more and more. I haven't played it that much and still working my way slowly through Act 1 :D

Cheers for the invites on COD last night Insane, but i was playing in a ladders match (sad i know) so couldn't accept. Next time mate ;)
D.J
Post Master
Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:42 am

i was only in search and destroy anyway so nowt major lol.

i suck online at cod now on tdm etc. i'm used to playin on the pc so chuck me on the ps3 i can aim for billy. but om s&D where it's more tactical etc and that i can own it's dead weird i was gettin like 9-1-2 ratio on alot of games. Apart from some tit how cam on prestige 10 level 55 and had bandalier(sp) jugganout(sp) and dead impact with a mp5 on silencer and just ran around firing at anything when you did see him you needed like a clip to kill him :rolleyes: fair enough he was winning like but at his level he really shouldn't need that s**t. ffs there are only 6 poeple to kill on the whole level why the hell ya need the extra ammo :-?
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Percy! on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:30 pm

InS@[ERRR] :wonder how many disc it would take on the xbox blue ray is like 25gb and it's full!! thats like 3.1 xbox discs and it has to install the game and unpack it to the drive so would be at least 4 dvd i would have thought!!

The is one thing to that, it seems that in cases where PS3 games use more space is because they don't use as much compression as they could (mainly because they don't need too) who knows, but with the games works, 1 disc per chapter could work nicely, either way as we have already said if it comes to the 360 is another question, personally for how much konami have invested in this they would be silly not to get it one the 360, even so it will be a good while if it does happen.
Percy!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:04 am

yeah they'll flog the right to death on the ps3. then again dont think gear 3 came out on anything other than ps2 did it. only original was on teh old xbox and was there one on the gamecube or sumin?
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Percy! on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:56 pm

The twin snakes on the gamecube is can amazing game, I would recommend any gamecube/wii owns go and buy it, for the not so educated its basically a remake of the first metal gear solid in the style of the second metal gear solid, personally its the best of both worlds. Also it has probably been so long since they played the first metal gear that to most people it may as well be a new game.
Percy!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby James2k on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:05 pm

XBOX 360 Gamer Tag James2004k
James2k
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:38 am

just got an XBox 360 , gamertag is "sunil idnani" . Only gotta Forza 2 at the mo but will be getting Halo 3 soon.
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: Slough. 2.0 with Raceline head, Raceline cams, T.E Exhaust manifold, and more...

Postby Lex_Mk4 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:22 pm

WTP Trust ME

Is mine, spaces and all. XBOX 360 allaway!

Halo 3,
GTA IV,
Skate.,
COD4.

(Listed in order of popularity)
Lex_Mk4
Poster
Poster

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:28 pm

Got Halo 3 and Gears of War today so add me if you have them
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: Slough. 2.0 with Raceline head, Raceline cams, T.E Exhaust manifold, and more...

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:09 pm

Trying to get a years free Live membership. If you have a few mins follow this link and signup. Then do the LoveFilm link as it costs you nothing

http://consoles.freebiejeebies.co.uk/63454
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby mk2manic on Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:12 am

mk2manics gamertag=FRANKOWL86

Dan
mk2manic
Poster
Poster

Postby Ruishy1 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:52 pm

My XBOX gamertag is.........ruishy1 :lol:
i like to keep everything the same, saves confusion :bonkers:

Feel free to add me, im really only on for GOW and a little halo3 :)
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby andymac on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Fair warning to all and sundry - COD5 is a big bag o' s**t. :D

It's fair to say the game hasn't seen enough development time, the maps and ai haven't been playtested anything like as extensively as they should have, there are innumerable annoyances, glitches & bugs. Hell, it's managed to lose my "Snake in the Grass" achievement while it was at it. Moreover, in single player mode it uses real-life footage to what I personally consider an excessive degree which not only desensitised the viewer to what's going on but to an extent glamorises what happened.

Dunno what other peoples experiences of it are but frankly, I can't be bothered playing it single player any more and will most likely be chopping it in tomorrow. I'd not advise anyone to spend their money on it either unless you can pick it up for silly money.
Nothing to see here...
andymac
Elite Pie Master
Elite Pie Master

Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:

Postby Ruishy1 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:18 pm

thanks for the headsup, was gonna buy it next week when i was home :D
guess il need to find something else to get, really enjoyed GOW 2, insane mode is a Bic™ though :lol:

Any idea bout good gow/cod style games to get ?
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:50 am

andymac :Fair warning to all and sundry - COD5 is a big bag o' s**t. :D

i'm slowly getting into it but there are loads of bugs and the challenges are all over the place in this one.
tend to find myself playing when nothing to do where as cod4 i was like ooo i want a go on it.

worse thing is on round house you can go under without even having to piss about to much i can get under the map in about 2 seconds now :rolleyes:

roll on cod6 and infinity ward :wink:
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.