the right exhaust system

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

the right exhaust system

Postby XR2i dude on Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:38 pm

hey guys... as im getting rid of my standard xr2i exhaust i wanted to swap it for rs stylee 3inch, outward rolled, mongoose full system... now first of all... does anybody know a retailer that sells this...(ill sway either way on size and brand slightly.. but it has to be outward rolled!!) as ive tried everywhere i have bookmarked over the last year and googled several phrases but it leads me to my other prob.. my car is j reg.. 1991.... pre cat so im to beleive from the fiestaturbo.com zetec tuning guide.... so this means i want a pre 1992 exhaust right?? which is decat.... or do i get a 1992> system and have a cat!?!?!? im not even sure if my car doesnt have a cat... by dates it shouldnt but when shopping for exhausts it only shows the 1.6 cvh as non cat bearing?!!? help pwease.

thanx dave.
XR2i dude
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: the right exhaust system

Postby Oranoco on Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:01 pm

All Zetec systems will be catalytic converter back. If you want a full system and to ditch the cat (whcih from memory you are quite able to do with being a 91 car) you might do well to contact Hayward and Scott for a quality bespoke system that does exactly what you want.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby filtra on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:23 pm

Mongoose don't do a 3'' inch outrolled off the shelf for the xr2i. rs_brammer off here modified one though, to fit his FRST.

H&S quotes me £850 for a FRST system as they do not have a Fiesta jig.

If you want the 3'' outrolled system i'd get in contact with collins performanc (mongoose) and ask them just for the cat back (assuming you do have the zetec engine, or decat or whatever you want) system without the back box. Then go to some one like longlife exhausts and get them to make you a custom backbox which will cost you about £100. I have used the carshaulton branch and they are clued up in terms of using the correct piping for flow and back pressure.

Hope that helps.
Ex Fiesta RS Turbo owner :(
filtra
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Ollybee on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:29 pm

You could go to Ashley for a full system from the fanimold to the back box and its without the cat. That would mean having to make some sort of flanged arrangement for the cat for MOT time, or changing the whole system back so the tester can see it.

I've no experience of the systems myself but I seem to remember people saying they wern't out of this world, and there not stainless, for that extra longevity.
Those that can, do; and those that can't, talk about it.
YRN Thread - yrn-vt151433/
FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=869385470
Ollybee
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Focus Titanium & Fiesta ST

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Quartz

Postby hb69 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:42 pm

i would recommend an ashley system, they come in either 3" or 4" but they arent outward rolled. they are however, cheap, and do exactly what they are supposed to do
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta 1.1 LX

Postby XR2i dude on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:44 pm

hey guys just an update ive spent all day researching and shopping.. went to a place in burton in the end.. 1stop performance.. theyre sposed to be s**t hot with exhausts... so anyway.. for 300 knickers ive got a decat (ur right i did have a cat, but as its 1991 i dont have to have 1 for strict emissions) with a mongoose system but theyre making me a tip for the backbox so that i got exactly what i want, 3 inches of outward rolled goodness!!!!.... ill let u know the quality of fitting and craftsmanship when i get it done!
XR2i dude
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.