[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
Tuning 1.6 si lump for track car project : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

Tuning 1.6 si lump for track car project

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Tuning 1.6 si lump for track car project

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:34 am

Just bought an si to use as a track car. deciding what engine to have at the mo. DO you reckon its worth using the 1.6 engine with 130ps cams and an rs1800 throttle bodie. The only reason i ask is cause i have these parts to hand.

Or do you reckon the si head is to restrictive? should i put i 1.8 head onit will that actually fit??
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: Slough. 2.0 with Raceline head, Raceline cams, T.E Exhaust manifold, and more...

Postby krsi on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:34 am

The head should fit and would have the advantage of the bigger valves etc, deck the block while your there to increse the compression. I've been thinking of alternative tuning for my Si as everone seem to be doing the 2.0 conversion. If your going to use the RS1800 TB you might want to change the MAF sensor as the 1.6 MAF sensor is tiny. Once that is done, get it mapped using one of those MSD chips and it should have some decent figures.

HTH :)
krsi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:56 am

krsi :The head should fit and would have the advantage of the bigger valves etc, deck the block while your there to increse the compression. I've been thinking of alternative tuning for my Si as everone seem to be doing the 2.0 conversion. If your going to use the RS1800 TB you might want to change the MAF sensor as the 1.6 MAF sensor is tiny. Once that is done, get it mapped using one of those MSD chips and it should have some decent figures.

HTH :)

cool i wil try and doit then and see what happens. Im not gonna spend out on chip for it though as this is being done on a budget. My rd car is gonna have a live mapped msd chip though
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: Slough. 2.0 with Raceline head, Raceline cams, T.E Exhaust manifold, and more...

Postby krsi on Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:05 pm

Wicked, let me know it goes. One thing to consider, although i dont know how true it is, but the 1.8 and the 2.0 head may lower the compression. So decking the head or the block (not sure which people do) may be a good idea. Are you going to run a standard ECU or are you going to swap for the 1.8 or 2.0 item, just wondering.
krsi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:15 pm

krsi :Wicked, let me know it goes. One thing to consider, although i dont know how true it is, but the 1.8 and the 2.0 head may lower the compression. So decking the head or the block (not sure which people do) may be a good idea. Are you going to run a standard ECU or are you going to swap for the 1.8 or 2.0 item, just wondering.

How can i find out if a 1.8 head will lower comp?? Also how can a find out how much decking is needed to be done to give a good high comp for my engine. Ive had my 2.0 decked but that was all done by raeline and im not sure how much they took off.

Not sure on what ecu yet bit of trial an error will be needed. There is still the option of ditching it all and going carbs aswell
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby krsi on Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:50 pm

Im not sure mate, maybe raceline will know about if it will need decking? Carbs would be fun although i think they a little bit more agro then there worth and that aint sticking to a budget is it :bonkers:
krsi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:34 pm

krsi :Im not sure mate, maybe raceline will know about if it will need decking? Carbs would be fun although i think they a little bit more agro then there worth and that aint sticking to a budget is it :bonkers:

na it aint sticking to a budget but if i can get em second hand i might consider em. But ive also got a trust electrical inlet i was gonna use on my car so i might have a play at fitting that. I reckon with a decked block ,130ps cams, t.e inlet, 1.8 manifold. 1.8 head, 1.8 management it should have a bit of grunt especially as its gonna be totally stripped aswell.
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby krsi on Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:10 pm

Yeh, it sounds like it would be a quick little car. You kept the trust electrical manifold then, did you manage to figure it out? what throttle body would you use with it?
krsi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:51 pm

krsi :Yeh, it sounds like it would be a quick little car. You kept the trust electrical manifold then, did you manage to figure it out? what throttle body would you use with it?

yea i know how its works its just gonna be a pain to fit. You have the cylinder that goes on the back of the head. Then you have pipe from this going to a plate . You fit your butterfly and throttle linkage part of your std throttle body to this plate then have another pipe to ur maff then to ur induction kit. Basically its a bit of a bodge and is pain to figure out where to put everything. Also there is no where for icsv to go so you need a remote one bodged in somewhere as well bypassing the butterfly.

if that makes sense lol
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby krsi on Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:27 pm

Can you use one of those little breather filters on a remote ISCV ? as it would save time by-passing the butterfly. Just an idea :-? .
krsi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:36 pm

krsi :Can you use one of those little breather filters on a remote ISCV ? as it would save time by-passing the butterfly. Just an idea :-? .

yea i could do that for the inlet side of it but it needs the outlet side going in after the butterfly . Cause from what i understand when the butterfly is closed it lets in air
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AdrianFRST on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:01 pm

1.8 head won't fit sorry :(

Bore size is different.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Postby Hartza on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:07 pm

AdrianFRST :1.8 head won't fit sorry :(

Bore size is different.

It fit´s fine, but the combustion chambers are fifferent size. Here´s a link:
Story of a mk3 Fiesta
Hartza
Poster
Poster

Postby Project on Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:27 pm

Hartza :

Bore size is different.

Story of a mk3 Fiesta

I've only skimmed through it, but I can't see anywhere on that page that suggests the 1600 block will accept the 1800 head.

Best knowledge to date says that the 1800 head will not seal properly to a 1600 bottom end. If you really want to check, compare the two headgaskets.
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby Hartza on Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:17 am

Project :
Hartza :

Bore size is different.

Story of a mk3 Fiesta

I've only skimmed through it, but I can't see anywhere on that page that suggests the 1600 block will accept the 1800 head.

Best knowledge to date says that the 1800 head will not seal properly to a 1600 bottom end. If you really want to check, compare the two headgaskets.

Oops, I didn´t read the topic, or I didn´t understand it :) 1.6 Zetec head has smaller valves and different shape/size combustion chambers. But I have to compare gaskets at work...
Hartza
Poster
Poster

Postby Hartza on Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:40 am

Hartza :
Oops, I didn´t read the topic, or I didn´t understand it :) 1.6 Zetec head has smaller valves and different shape/size combustion chambers. But I have to compare gaskets at work...

Now I Have compared 1.6 and 1.8 zetec headgaskets and all the bolt holes and oil channels match. but oviously bore size is different and 1.6 cylinder holes are not round. And there are couple small holes that don´t line up... I have not seen a 1.6 head, but I assume the combustion chambers are different shape. It would be too much hassle to get the C/R right and find a proper gasket, pistons, ect...

Just get the 2.0 Zetec.
Hartza
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.