tuning a 1.6S/xr2 engine

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby festajon on Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:47 am

Hopefully all going well this weekend, i will have a bigger engine in me car. that being one out of an xr2. It will have a K&N freeflow filter and a scorpion xr2i zorst from the start :bonkers:
What kinda differences would a gasflowed head make and is it worth doin? if anything will it make it more economical (when not bootin it obviously!)
What's the earlier carb, that's supposed to be better, called that's found on pre 87 xr2s?
Any other tuning ideas would be welcomed by u guys too!

Cheers
Jon
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Project on Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:11 am

I've got a pre-87 carb and inlet manifold, fuel pump, etc, sitting in my shed covered in dust. It's in desperate need of a clean up and tidy but it has slightly larger jetting I think, and does make a difference.

Gas flowing, cams, stronger valve springs, anti-pump lifters, phosphor-bronze valve guides, oversized valves, lightened and balanced cranks, overbores... buy the Haynes CVH tuning manual once it's up and running well and teach yourself some skills for those boring winter evenings maybe?? :wink:
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby Rolls on Fri Mar 29, 2002 8:12 pm

get a 4 branch fanny mould mate, make loits of difference :smile:
the early carb adds about 6 bhp, thats the difference in pre 87 and post 87 xr2's, ie 96 bhp against 90 bhp
then its headwork, light skim to raise the compression ratio slightly, cam, pulley.
then get a turbo techquies kit for it, and have 125 bhp as standard for abour 400quid if ya can find one :smile:
hth, rolls
Xr2T
Rolls
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby SimonT on Sat Mar 30, 2002 4:05 pm

ive gotta webber 34dntr with a pipercross.
you can have it for £20
if you get a janspeed manifold for the 1.6S i can sell you the rest of the system for £40!!!!

let me know mate :smile:
SimonT
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Postby dave_mk3 on Mon Apr 01, 2002 6:17 pm

FAO - Project ST2000
Where can ya buy the haynes tuning manual you mentioned? i can't find anywhere that sells it :???:
dave_mk3
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby SimonT on Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:48 pm

dave have a look in Fast Ford magazine.
Theres a sections about getting them books
SimonT
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Postby 1600power on Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:02 am

Your local Halfords....if you have one will have a copy otherwise they can order you one in if you cant locate it on the shelves
....i dont work for Halfords.......hounest! :lol:
1600power
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dave_mk3 on Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:10 pm

yeah cheers guys, i went on a mission last night to find one, and it was on amazon, i should hopefully get it tomorrow morning, :smile:, thanx 4 ur help
dave_mk3
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.