Turbo bits??

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Turbo bits??

Postby Sav_FRST on Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:52 am

Hey all,
Ive got a bit of money to spend on my car (91 frst) but dont no what cams are going to work best? what hav most got on here and what can any1 recomend? im also buying a pace intercooler and taking it to collins to hav a chip on and turn the boost up :D any recomendations apreciated!
cheers
Sav
Sav_FRST
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby j7aoc on Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:38 am

hi i think the best cams are piper they do two types for the frst if you are going to up the boost then go for the high boost one (285/t2) pj motorsport are the cheepest people for this £229.99 they are doing a special offer with the vernier pulley £299.99 the pulley new can cost £80 this help's with tuning the cam up :wink:
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby BUTRE on Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:35 pm

First, have a full service on the engine.
Check the turbo for shaft play or any kind of other wear.
Check the condition of both oil tubes on the turbo.
Do a compression test.

If everything checks ok, than tune it up! :devil:

Dont waste money on changing the std cam unless its lobes are worn. Std cam is more than ok for 170-180bhp so no need to be changed.
If you want or it needs to be changed, go for a CVH34 kit from kent if you are going to use a 165 or 195 chip. If you want the ultimate cam go for the CVH35 kit from kent BUT you'll need a custom live maped chip for your engine. CVH36 kit from kent is also a pretty good.
285T2 from piper is a laggy one and only at high boost (thats the escuse they give for the crappy result) it deliver the goods.

If you're going anything higher than 12PSI with std T2 turbo, go for a better IC like Pro Alloy or GRS. Pace 50% bigger than std IC is a bad one.

Also, you should consider the T3 route. It lowers the ACT's keeping the same boost has de T2 and at higher revs its not so exhaust restrictive like the T2. T3 rebuilds are also cheaper than T2's!

For the ultimate CVH engine... talk to Ian Howell at AreaSix. :Q
BUTRE
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Sav_FRST on Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:56 pm

Hey all
hey butre, the engines only jus been rebiult at mikeanics(congleton) cos it blew a piston on the motorway, :( cars ok to tune now and got a spare bit of money and want to tune it up a little bit its 148bhp now with filter exhaust and magnecor leads and i want to chip it and collins, get a pace intercooler and jus tryin to decide what cam, it definatly needs one as its knocking pretty bad! i hav been recomended the piper cam by more people than the kent cam so confused to which one :-? does any1 know what sorta brake ill b lookin at with them on? :Q
cheers
sav
Sav_FRST
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby MattL on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:55 pm

Best of getting a pro alloy cooler mate, I had one and it was s**t hot,

cheeRS
MattL
Post Master
Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:25 pm

MattL :Best of getting a pro alloy cooler mate, I had one and it was poo hot

If that's true, I'd get something else then! :lol:
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.