turbo-ng my 2.0zetec, starndard 1.6 gearbox

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

turbo-ng my 2.0zetec, starndard 1.6 gearbox

Postby fiesta_si_bristol on Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:51 am

im currently running a 2.0modeo zetec in my fiesta but i was eyeing up the possiblity of gettting it turbo'd,

what turbo will fit and what work will have to be done??
some one was saying make it a zvh but what would i need etc???

also ive got just a standard 1.6si gearbox- what other gearbox would fit so i can get maxuim use out my engine

many thanks

ash
fiesta_si_bristol
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Oranoco on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:38 pm

You already have the Zetec in there so I wouldn't waste anytime considering ZVH as you will have to spend out on the head to get it flowing enough to work properly.

Do plenty of research, most people go into the Zetec turbo expecting it to cost a few quid. Last time I priced it up I found it was an easy way to spend £5k.

If you go ahead you WILL need a tougher gearbox preferably with a Quaiffe ATB to help get the grunt down. The stock box will almost certainly throw the towel in as soon as teh clutch is brought up.

Done right the ZT is awesome, bodged, you will regret the day you considered it

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Big Walker on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:08 pm

2l ZT on a 1.6 box :lol:

Mate you'd spin till fourth in the dry and fifth in the wet easily :lol:

Not the best way to get power down, the 2 l box would be better if on a tight budget but will still be weaker than what Steve has said (Quaiffe ATB)

It depends on where you get parts, if they are brand new etc as to how much it will cost

If you got a Turbo and Intercooler from a 3 TD Range Rover in the scrappies it'll work out cheaper etc than buying a new Garret T3 Turbo and a Forge intercooler if you are getting my drift. Turbo Diesel's are also used to running very high PSi as of standard. Mate's Ibiza FR 130bhp is 19 or 21 PSi standard
Lower than a snakes bollox

Each day I break my own personal record for the number of consecutive days I've stayed alive :)
Big Walker
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Seat Ibiza

Postby JamieFRST on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:15 pm

Hi mate, nice to see you back. Whats the problem with the engine? someone said you couldnt make the meet because you killed it...?

Are you gonna take it off the road and do a ZT conversion then
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby fiesta_si_bristol on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:09 pm

basically,. im taking off road over the winter geting a fresh spray job etc.

im gunna rebulid the engine cos has slight oil leek and i was thinking of turbo it at the same time,

and what i was saying cos i got a 2l in there at the moment what gear box wil fit (non turbo'd)

but what would i need to get and how much will it cos to gte a turbo?

some1 was telling it its better to make it a ZVHt???
fiesta_si_bristol
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby chumkila on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:33 pm

Oranoco speaks wise words above so take note.

You've already got a 2 litre Zetec in the car so whats the point in going ZVH which is a step backwards in ways. If you have a CVH then yes maybe the ZVH would be a slightly easier option.
chumkila
Dirty Post Whore!
Dirty Post Whore!

Postby JamieFRST on Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:36 pm

fiesta_si_bristol :some1 was telling it its better to make it a ZVHt???

Cheaper maybe, there is plenty of ZT info in the guides section. And on the main site

http://www.fiestaturbo.com/articles/zetecturbo/
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Oranoco on Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:24 pm

The problem with ZVH's is getting the head to flow well enough. Most ZVH engines go dead past 5.5krpm.

If your on a CVH then (arguably) the Zetec bottom end is a step in the right direction. If you already have the Zetec in their it's a bit of a step backwards

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.