upgrading suspension and brakes

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

upgrading suspension and brakes

Postby royalblue on Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:29 pm

Hi, I need some help with my budget mk3 project Fiesta. Im currently changing it into a budget track day car and need to know afew key things. Im upgrading the brakes and suspension at the same time and was wondering can I miss match parts such as rs turbo brake and hub parts with say rs1800 suspension Fiesta parts are they all interchangeable??? Also does the RS's and xr2i's have the same rear set-up of suspension as the lower spec fiestas? Also can I fit anti roll bars to my lower spec fiesta or are the front subframes not the same through out?

Thanks very much
COMING TO A TRACKDAY NEAR YOU!!!!!!
royalblue
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby royalblue on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:17 pm

Can anyone help me?
royalblue
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Re: upgrading suspension and brakes

Postby Oranoco on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:25 pm

royalblue :Hi, I need some help with my budget mk3 project Fiesta. Im currently changing it into a budget track day car and need to know afew key things. Im upgrading the brakes and suspension at the same time and was wondering can I miss match parts such as rs turbo brake and hub parts with say rs1800 suspension Fiesta parts are they all interchangeable??? Also does the RS's and xr2i's have the same rear set-up of suspension as the lower spec fiestas? Also can I fit anti roll bars to my lower spec fiesta or are the front subframes not the same through out?

Thanks very much

All parts are interchangeable between models. You need to be carefull however with regards to the suspensions as Mk3 and mk3.5 stuff is different and not interchangable. You'll need to pick a mk and stick with it for those parts. Only difference between XR and RS suspension is the ride height.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby royalblue on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:46 pm

Would rs1800 suspension fit to a mk3 and what can i do about the brakes?

thanks
royalblue
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Oranoco on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:28 pm

To be honest mate for track you'd be best off geting some uprated Mk3 items like Koni Top adjuctables or seeing as it's a track car some coilovers.

Brakes wise Cosworth 4x4 discs and calipers will provide you with all the braking you will ever need

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby royalblue on Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:28 pm

I am going to buy some coilovers. They are on my wish-list lol. Whats the best road/track pads and disc set-up? Will i need any adapters for the 4x4 calipers?

Thanks for the info Oranoco
royalblue
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby royalblue on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:34 pm

IM hopefully gonna be buying some rs1800 full suspension and brakes with hubs etc will they fit my fiesta for the time being? it is a 1.1 hcs quartz.

thanks
royalblue
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.