Urgent: Spax suspension

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Urgent: Spax suspension

Postby Tomm on Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:10 pm

Hello,

anyone knows something about the brand SPAX?
is it good or bad?

I should buy a suspension kit from Spax, but dont have any exprerience with the brand.

Example: KW = bad quality
Bilstein = good quality

What about SPAX?

Greetings!!
Tomm
Poster
Poster

Postby heeman10 on Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:38 am

Spax kits are quite harsh for the ride compared to a lot of other manufacturers, and makes it unpleasant driving on roads that are bumpy etc. I would strongly recommend Gmax if you don't have a lot of money, but as you say, Bilstein are supposed to be good.
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby Joris on Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:12 pm

or H&R, the best out there I guess.

Spax is crap, most of the time too soft springs, wich make the ride quality very harsh (car bottoms out and stuff)
Joris
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby grintermatt on Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:19 pm

as joris said spax is crap. Had them on my old 2i -35mm and it was a real bone crunching ride. With 4 in the car the steering would go real light on the front which made it understeer badly
grintermatt
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:51 pm

Well ........... dont know if i should say anything .......... you know me ..... of course i will :wink:

i have been running Spax PSX kit for 4 years now with no problems. Ok, my car is like a go-kart (-60mm) but thats what i wanted. i think the kit is very good and i have had no reports of any leaking when my car has been in for MOT's .... etc ...... but i havent changed my suspension bushes for poly ones, i only changed my anti-roll bars so i dont get TOO harsh a drive.
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby KEVFRST on Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:59 pm

they r good kits, mind you I think the boy racers are too rough with em, thas why tehy get probs, only ever seen 1 broken shocker on a saxo(huge Pot hole) and 1 set of leaky coilovers. as every unit is tested b4 depached, id buy em. They also have TUV approval, which is dam good.

Did I mention I can supply you with SPAX? :wink:
KEVFRST
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Robin on Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:33 am

i've just brought a full spax kit, will let u know what its like when fitted :)
Robin
Arsenal We Love You!
Arsenal We Love You!

Postby turbomaniac on Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:00 pm

Check if the spax kit is able to be fixed like koni or bilstein is. You dont want to buy a new spax kit after a few miles....I Dont have opinion about the kit.
fiesta mk6 turbo
turbomaniac
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.