[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
Vernier Pulleys? : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

Vernier Pulleys?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Vernier Pulleys?

Postby LeeM2 on Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:05 pm

I have a FRST running an estimated 150bhp @ 0.6 Bar (bout 8 psi).

..With lightened fly wheel, uprated actuator, Cvh35 Kent Cam, K & N Panel filter and a Magnex full system.

What should I look to get next to improve my performance? I don't really want to chip it though.. I'm thinking along the lines of a Vernier Pulley but i don't really know what these are (lol).

Can someone please help... Will a vernier pulley improve the performance of my car or do I need to be looking at a different mod?

Your help will be much appreciated ;-)
LeeM2
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby snake on Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:35 pm

u need a chip, u aint gettin full benefits of the mods at the mo, and yup u [ERRR] run a vernier with that cam anyway to get the best out of it.
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Tuning

Postby RJS_SCORT on Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:35 pm

Get A 195 Superchip And Beige 701 Injectors
Thatll See U Between 180- 200 bhp
CheeRS
Ryan
REVAMP IN PROCESS
RJS_SCORT
Poster
Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:32 pm

Dont use a 195 Superchip ..................... get a mapped chip specific for your car if your wanting that much power.

You dont say if you have uprated the turbo or intercooler ??
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby heeman10 on Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:54 pm

Vernier pulleys allow you to fine-tune the ignition timing AFAIK :) At least that's what I assumed after seeing a close-up photo of one in a magazine once! :lol: :rolleyes:
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby PaulC on Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:03 pm

heeman10 :fine-tune the ignition timing AFAIK :)

I'm in a picky mood! Its the valve timing it adjusts :wink:
PaulC
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby DaveZetec on Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:42 pm

If i have been correctly informed, you should definitely be using some sort of adjustable pulley on any aftermarket cam, as they very rarely grind the end dowels bang smack on the right angle, and timing the cam up on the belt give you 2 or 3 degree adjustments only.
Also if the heads been skimmed, this will bring the pulley closer to the crank pulley, effectively bringing the belt round 1mm or however much the skim was.

I will point out that this is all taken from what I have studied on the net, I wont try and make out like I've got experience in this, I just read a lot :lol:
DaveZetec
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:52 pm

PaulC :

:rolleyes: Be as picky as you like...who the feck adjusts timing via the cams? :lol: Je suis un dumbass :oooh:
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:52 pm

PaulC :

:rolleyes: Be as picky as you like...who the feck adjusts ignition timing via the cams? :lol: Je suis un dumbass :oooh:
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby nosworth on Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:44 pm

verniers help to dial out overlap on turbo'd cars,especially usefull if u have aftermarket cams..And too much overlap is a very bad thing power wise..
Fear is standard brakes
nosworth
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Jur on Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:29 pm

I got some info of Ahmed bayoo's.. for my Fiesta.

For my T3 fiesta with almost the same specs he recommended me:

spec-mapped chip : 250 quid
uprated fuelpump (cossie)
beige 701 injectors
uprated fuel-pressure regulator (cossie)
Bigger intercooler (to run higher boost)
*If you start to see in Black and White, you know you're pulling enough G's*
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.