vibratechnics gearbox mounts

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

vibratechnics gearbox mounts

Postby hb69 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:25 pm

on the burton website they list a vibratechnics hard mount and a vibratechnics competition mount. i was just wondering if there was much difference in the two, and if i fitted the competition mounts would they be to hard for everyday use???
cheers
hb
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta 1.1 LX

Postby jimmyesh on Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:30 pm

I used a set of vibratecnics mounts on my previous Throttle-bodied RS1800, I don't think they were the competition ones though, more fast-road if I can remember correctly. They cost £78 for the pair of gearbox cradle-mounts.

They ARE VERY good at reducing the amount the transmission/engine rocks on launch BUT the vibration through the inside of the car is AMPLIFIED about 3-fold :aaah:

If you're using your car for mainly track days then go for them but if it's a daily-driver/commuting tool then I wouldn't bother as they are a bit too harsh, you'll end up with "vibration white finger" like the blokes who dig up the roads! :lol:
jimmyesh
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Yes

Postby hb69 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:29 pm

cheers for the info mate. any ideas where you bought them from? i think they are just under £100 for the two of them from burton.
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jimmyesh on Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:35 pm

I got them from Norwich Fiesta Centre mate, but it was in 2003 so the price may have risen slightly since then
jimmyesh
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Yes

Postby Merritt__RS on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:19 pm

all so good 4 stoping the t3 from smashing the hell out of your rad as well lol.
Merritt__RS
Poster
Poster

Postby fezzapower on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:57 am

jimmyesh :I got them from Norwich Fiesta Centre mate, but it was in 2003 so the price may have risen slightly since then

fiesta centre is a seriously handy place, get pretty much all my parts from them, good service, good parts and like half the cost of going direct to ford.

off topic a bit i know, lol, just thought id comment on there handyness lol
fezzapower
Poster
Poster

Postby heeman10 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:07 am

Vibra-Technics produce the HD (heavy duty) mount and the Competition mount, the Competition being the harder of the two specs. You need to make your choice depending on the output of your engine, and the nature of its general use. I would say up to around 200bhp and some hard use would be supported by the HD mounts. They're softer (that does not mean they are soft) and transmit fewer vibrations through to the cockpit. The Competition mounts are necessary with higher outputs and harder use.

Ian Howell can also supply these mounts, from http://www.area-six.co.uk. Mine were £104 delivered for the Competition mounts IIRC :)
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby hb69 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:24 pm

cheers heeman, there for my xr2i, which is relatively standard, they would only be for road use, but im pretty sure my current mounts are knackered so i thought while i was changing them i might aswell upgrade them at the same time.
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby White2i on Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:22 pm

i am going to be geting a set off competition ones for my xr2i but it is no means standard but it brakes gearbox mounts every 3months normally think this is due to power but also due to the driving style i have and vibrations wont be anyworse i wouldnt have thought already got hard hard coilovers and polybushed all round
White2i
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Jur on Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:29 am

I myself have the HD ones from Vibratech..
The vibration in the cockpit is increased .. and i would want to have them fitted to my daily driver.. but they do the job perfectly on my fezz.. beter then ANY new 'standard' rubber one... (which will soften in about 3 days.. leaving you with engine rock once again)

i also changed my engine mount (cambelt side) for a diesel (solid) one.
Just had to mod the slot from 10 to 12mm ..
*If you start to see in Black and White, you know you're pulling enough G's*
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Dazza on Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:26 pm

Drop me a PM, TeamFord is a distributor for VibraTechnics
Dazza
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.