[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
What bhp gain can I expect? : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

What bhp gain can I expect?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

What bhp gain can I expect?

Postby StevenW on Tue May 25, 2004 2:00 pm

From induction and full exhaust on a FRST?

Also, does everyone go for K&N on the FRSTs or are there any better options?
StevenW
Poster
Poster

Postby MattL on Tue May 25, 2004 3:21 pm

there sposed to be 133bhp std and mine was rolling roaded at 142bhp with exhaust and k&n induction kit.

so id say maybe 10-15bhp gain
MattL
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Tue May 25, 2004 3:24 pm

i doubt ud get 10+ gain but what u will get is a wicked burble from the exhaust and some nice wastegate chatter aslong as u dont fit a dumpvalve
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: Slough. 2.0 with Raceline head, Raceline cams, T.E Exhaust manifold, and more...

Postby Project on Tue May 25, 2004 4:19 pm

What Sunil said :D

You're not likely to improve the standard engine's efficiency too much, but the standard FRST exhaust is massively restrictive compared to the ERST's (2" vs 2.5", or 50% more gas flow from the ERST exhaust).

You might find it gets a bit more sluggish in traffic as the induction kit can pull more hot air out of the engine bay, but as soon as the car's moving along you won't have any dramas.

Al
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby StevenW on Tue May 25, 2004 9:02 pm

That seems a respectable increase, that they will be the first mods after a decent cat 1 alarm, then ill be looking at a stage 1 chip etc.

Need to get power up sharpish as my mate has just started to put a mi16 engine in his 205 :o , cant have him ripping me up a dual carriage way :devil:
StevenW
Poster
Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Tue May 25, 2004 9:43 pm

Sunil_FiestaRS_16V :i doubt ud get 10+ gain but what u will get is a wicked burble from the exhaust and some nice wastegate chatter aslong as u dont fit a dumpvalve

Its not waste gate chatter, its "flutter" from the back pressure coming through the turbine blades as it slows down.
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Wed May 26, 2004 9:36 am

Fezzy Turbo :
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V :i doubt ud get 10+ gain but what u will get is a wicked burble from the exhaust and some nice wastegate chatter aslong as u dont fit a dumpvalve

Its not waste gate chatter, its "flutter" from the back pressure coming through the turbine blades as it slows down.

yea i know its the turbo stalling that causes the noise and dump valves release the pressure to stop them stalling and improve spool up speeds. i just said wastegate as thats what most ppl think the noise is called and so did i for ages.
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: Slough. 2.0 with Raceline head, Raceline cams, T.E Exhaust manifold, and more...

about that induction.....

Postby mike-xr2i- on Mon May 31, 2004 5:06 am

which induction kit am i best going for? theres ya
"green cotton air filters",
"k&N 57i" induction,
"BMC universal dynamic airbox" <--- for like £140
"quickshift Taipan sealed intake system" for bout £125
and last but not least... "Pipercross viper induction kits" .. for £170

i was thinking maybe one of the last 3 mentioned... as they are bout twice as expensive as the first 2! can anyone suggest which of the last 3?... or even another model? *all these for my 8v xr2i btw.

and if ANNYONE knows anything about new or custom crossover pipes for the xr2i.. PLEASEEEEEEE tell me :)
mike-xr2i-
Post Master
Post Master

Postby s1chris on Mon May 31, 2004 8:18 am

what abot pipercross but not the viper one the older 57i style one? if not go for the very tried and tested k&n.
s1chris
Post Master
Post Master

Postby mike-xr2i- on Mon May 31, 2004 12:32 pm

yer.. sounds good. only i have been thinkin about that all morning.. and i think im guna go wif da viper :S.. i dunno... surely the price must mean its a bit better? anyone with one offer any advice?
mike-xr2i-
Post Master
Post Master

Postby s1chris on Mon May 31, 2004 2:01 pm

well to be honest i bet the viper would not really show anymore power gains on your 2i than a normal pipercross induction kit would! Alot of people ive spoke to through working in motorsport say dont even bother with a induction kit just an upgraded pannel filter.
s1chris
Post Master
Post Master

Postby mike-xr2i- on Mon May 31, 2004 3:28 pm

ok.. ur prob ryt.. but i want the whooshy (as it were :S ) noise too :p
mike-xr2i-
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.