what brakes for my frst

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

what brakes for my frst

Postby andyb-rst on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:21 pm

hiya again lads im sorry to keep asking all the questions but i want all your knowledge. as some of you might know from my other posts i am rebuilding my fiesta its running approx 200bhp and as all of you will know standard brakes are not the best.lol so i am just wanting to know what people are using cheaper options would be best as i have already spent a good 1k on it so far and still need bodywork sorting and new wheels as i hae the standard 14" wheels on. all comments appreciated thanks again for those who have posted in my other threads it all helps
andyb-rst
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: what brakes for my frst

Postby HCS PIMP on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:07 pm

without fitting 15" wheels there arent many beefer calipers u can fit

honestly mondeo 2.5 v6 calipers which they fitted to the st24 have more than enough bite

same as the cossy 4x4 but cheaper :P

if u then get a set of dics and pads lookign at £120 for discs and pads and £80 for calipers at scrapyard and ull have more than enough bite the scrappy i currently work for might do the calipers for a bit less give em a bell and ask 07918731148
2.1 Went BANGGGGG now a Ghia 1800
HCS PIMP
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby andyb-rst on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:15 am

spot on mate cheers i would really like to keep the brakes to a ford setup as i want to keep the car as original as possible so i will defo keep them in mind cheers as i need bigger wheels before i can go 4 bigger brakes
andyb-rst
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby M1K3Y_B on Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:58 pm

ST150 brakes go straight on and you can pick them up for about £100, they fit under a minimum of 15" wheels :)
| M1K3Y_B - It's A Ford Thing, You Won't Understand! |
dontpannic :Mikey B knows as much about directions as a chinchilla knows about tapdancing! :lol:
M1K3Y_B
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Classic

Postby Makaveli on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:13 pm

Alright mate, if your just using the car on the road and want to keep the standard/small wheels I'd go for a set of brembo max discs (often listed as being for a mazda 121) and either ferrodo DS2500 pads or mintex 1144's with goodridge braided lines.

The mintex have better cold bite but the ferrodo's just keep getting better and better the harder you push them but need a couple of brake applications to get them up to a decent temperature.

This is the set up I have at present and it will give you plenty of bite for road use but will fade if you intend to go on track.
Makaveli
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Rusey on Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:47 pm

black diamond drilled and grooved discs + pads, think I paid £130 and fit under the 14" 3-spokes.
Rusey
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.