[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
what kinda power? : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

what kinda power?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

what kinda power?

Postby ludaprix on Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:22 pm

hiya guys im getting my car unichipped in about 3 weeks and was wondering how much i would be expecting in terms of hp and torque with my setup:

2litre zetec, t2 at 8psi (standard compression), big intercooler(air to air), charge cooler(air to water), 300cc skyline injectors, 60mm tb, 2.5'' straight through exhaust (no cat), underdrive pulley and fuel pressure reg.

my goal is around 220hp but i doubt i can get that, but what do you guys reckon?
ludaprix
Poster
Poster

Postby jdfiesta on Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:42 am

why intercooler and chargecooler?
surely you'll be sturggling for space
skyline injectors? thats a new one to me too
JJ
My ebay stuff http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/2.0zetec

Is that the best you can do?
www.volvot5.co.uk - www.germanshepherdsuk.co.uk
2000 V70 T5 SE - 2.3, 5 cylinder, 20V, VVT, Turbo, 250bhp, cream leather, climate control, the works!
jdfiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: V70 T5

Postby heeman10 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:19 pm

Wahey! Someone trying a T2 on a standard compression 2 litre! Beat me to it, it's something I'd LOVE to see the results from. The ultimate in driveability - small turbo and high compression from a reasonably large displacement engine! Unless you have a special T2 on there (or it was a typo, and you've actually got a T3) it won't provided enough air for 220bhp sadly. If it's a hybrid T2 it'll go a way further (depending on the spec of it), but if you're looking for bigger power outputs, the T2 isn't the way to go. The other limiting factor is the compression ratio of the Zetec - detonation will be an issue with higher boost levels - I can't see it taking any more than 7psi without causing problems. With a lot of guessing, I'd estimate with the T2 and standard CR you'd maybe get around 160bhp.
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby heeman10 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:20 pm

P.S. 300cc/min is a bit overkill for the T2's capabilities.
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby chumkila on Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:48 pm

As Heeman says there's no way you'll hit the 220 mark with that spec. Why didn't you spec the build around the 220 figure in the first place? This is the one thing too many people end up doing, then fork out double the amount of money.
chumkila
Dirty Post Whore!
Dirty Post Whore!

Postby Superal on Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:27 pm

Seems the spec hasn't been very well thought over
Superal
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ludaprix on Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:01 pm

ok guys heres the story, i bought this turbo kit second hand and was made by power engineering. it consisted of the t2, manifold and chargecooler only and when this kit was bolted onto a 2litre mondeo(standard compression) it produced 200hp with a dyno printout to prove, and this was also tested on a numerous other 2litre mondeo with all of them getting more or less 200hp.

my mate has bolted this kit on his 1.8 (just the bog standard kit ie no intercooler) and has got 178hp with a unichip and thats at 7psi on the standard injectors

ive got the 300cc injectors here on a fuel rail but have not been fitted, just kept them for backup if when it gets mapped the guys say that i will need uprated injectors

i dont know if the power engineering rollers are 'setup' but when my mate got his car dyno'd it was at engine advantages so i think thats a pretty true figure.

im wanting to got for a t25 in the future but im running out of cash so just want to get the car up and running for the time being!
ludaprix
Poster
Poster

Postby heeman10 on Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:05 pm

There must be some wires crossed somewhere - have you heard, directly from PE, that it's a totally standard T2? And are you sure it's a T2 rather than the T3? Do you have photo's please?
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ludaprix on Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:18 pm

yes mate ive got proof right here, in fact ive got the whole turbo technics booklet that came with the original purchase of the turbo kit from pe and a booklet from pe telling us how they came about developing the kit etc along with all reciepts, dynos etc!

i can get a pic of the kit as i bought it. jus gota dig it out!

or do you want to see the kit fitted to my car?
ludaprix
Poster
Poster

Postby heeman10 on Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:22 pm

I want to see pics of the turbo, and to know just what turbo you have on there - all the info from TT should give you a full spec of it including flow rates and pressure ratios hopefully. If there's a graph for the turbocharger (not the engine), take a snap of that too :)
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ludaprix on Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:14 pm

there ya go mate:

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtop ... l//#950211

it should work for ya. ill try gettin some snaps of the dyno's and book etc![/img]
ludaprix
Poster
Poster

Postby heeman10 on Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:43 pm

I'll be interested to see how you make the 6 cylinder fuel rail fit! :D ;)

It's not the dyno graph I was asking about matey, there might be a graph that came from Turbo Technics that basically tells you what the turbo is capable of. It should have Air Flow along the bottom axis, and Pressure Ratio up the left hand side, just to help you when you're looking! There's no doubting that if the turbo you've bought has been built to give you enough boost for the Zetec, it'll be a brilliant, economical engine with no lag whatsoever :)
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ludaprix on Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:27 am

[quote="heeman10"]I'll be interested to see how you make the 6 cylinder fuel rail fit! :D ;)

hehe nah i jus needed 4 of the injectors off the rail and put it on my spare zetec rail.

im not sure how to post up pics on here??? :-?
ludaprix
Poster
Poster

Postby j7aoc on Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:38 am

ludaprix :
heeman10 :I'll be interested to see how you make the 6 cylinder fuel rail fit! :D ;)

hehe nah i jus needed 4 of the injectors off the rail and put it on my spare zetec rail.

im not sure how to post up pics on here??? :-?

http://www.photobucket.com
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby ludaprix on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:06 pm

i jus checked all the paperwork related with the kit and there was no graph for the turbo, only graphs for the before and after turbo conversion.

other info that i found is that it states the t2 is 'modified' but i dont know to what extent!
ludaprix
Poster
Poster

Postby heeman10 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:33 pm

It must be, the standard ones simply wouldn't make 200bhp if only one were to be used. As long as it's been proven on another car, I'm sure it'll work with yours! Get it fitted!
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ludaprix on Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:18 pm

its all fitted matey:

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtop ... 15640/hl//

just need it mapped!
ludaprix
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.