what throttle body fits RS1800 inlet mani?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

what throttle body fits RS1800 inlet mani?

Postby percybigun on Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:21 pm

i'm runing a RS1800 inlet mani on a zetec turbo, currently i have got the mondeo (silvertop) throttle body which is about 58mm bore.

anyone know what other types of throttle body will fit the manifold? i want a bigger bore one.

i know the zetec blacktop throttle body is different fitment, so i cant use the big bore ford focus TB which is available from USA.
percybigun
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby martyc on Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:24 pm

i've heard of a focus 65mm body made to fit a 130 spec 3i
why do you want to enlarge the tb anyway?
martyc
Poster
Poster

Postby percybigun on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:14 pm

the car is quite powerful to be running such a small bore of a throttle body.

i also have a supercharged zetec setup on another car which i fitted the focus 65mm TB to and it made a nice difference.
percybigun
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby martyc on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:17 am

what sort of power are you running? forced induction doesn't require as larger tb neccesarily. use a cossie one?
martyc
Poster
Poster

Postby percybigun on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:54 am

not sure on power because i aint had it dynoed, but its alot quicker than my supercharged zetec which was dynoed at 230bhp.

i wasnt keen on having such a small TB which was designed only for the 130bhp zetec.

does the cossy one bolt straight on, and what internal bore is it? would i have to swap the TPS?
percybigun
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby martyc on Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:15 am

well with forced induction it is entirely different to na so unless you are running silly boost (1.5 bar plus) it wont actually do much restricting and even still the inlet manifold is your prob. with regard to cossie body contact jano at oddkidd :aviator:
martyc
Poster
Poster

Postby percybigun on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:24 am

ah OK i might just get one of them optimised refurbed 2.0 throttle bodies from headtune.co.uk, only about £40.

just had a look at pics of the cossy TB and it has an extra side big pipe coming off so i dont think it would fit on mine.
percybigun
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby martyc on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:58 am

would probably need cossie/aftermarket management to suit
martyc
Poster
Poster

Postby bassboy on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:22 pm

the 56mm TB is fine mate...mine ran more than double your power without breaking sweat...

just remember, on a FI car...keep the pipework, valves, ports, etc etc to a minimum as you want the gases to flow as fast as they can to increase throttle response...over size it all and you are left with a sluggish engine with nothing but pure top end power (which even then may not be as much as it would be with a proer specc'd engine)

the 65mm FC TB is prone to breaking and believe it or not is not meant for a FI engine...although everyone uses it for one lol the other downside about using this TB is throttle response is quite jerky...press the throttle a touch and HUGE amounts of air enters the engine which causes around town performance to suffer slightly and makes the drive a touch harsher...but im sure thats something you could live with!

bassboy
bassboy
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby bassboy on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:33 pm

and i forgot to mention...on a RS1800 inlet the biggest you can get is 56mm..or 58 as you measured without cutting metal away which will lead to problems with the idle control i believe

bassboy
bassboy
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby bassboy on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:55 pm

pics

bassboy
bassboy
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.