who fitted 17s without lowering..

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

who fitted 17s without lowering..

Postby JayC on Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:58 pm

It was on an si, i seen it yonks ago but the dood posted that hed fitted 17s and hadent even lowered it, i remember it was an si and it looked pretty descent.

does anyone have any pictures of 17s on a standard si?
Project62 ~ my baby
2Liter Fiesta Si Thread:)
JayC
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby JayC on Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:17 pm

guess ill have to get some coilovers then :D

common someone on heres stuck 17s on without lowering it..

show yourselfs you cheapskates :P
Project62 ~ my baby
JayC
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Jonezy on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:31 pm

it may well have been me but its not an SI, there not on anymore tho.

cant find a big pic but that might give you an idea of how stupid it looked

god my brakes were rubbish than
Jonezy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby JayC on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:27 pm

looks like you have about 30mm gap there, the si is 30mm lower than base models, but its still gonna be to high really so i guess no choice but to lower it.

im not being a skimper, the cars not motd and im spending all my money on getting it running, its mot, etc etc,

so i either spend close to £200 for 4x 14inch tyres..

or about £240 (ive confirmed this) for 17s,,

and thats my plan, so do i wait and get the alloys for the mot, or just waste the money on standard size boots.

ive walked for this long... lol

but, it brings me to my point, unless it looks ok (which its proberly not) ill have to lower it, and when i lower it, im gonna be flushing money away unless i get my adjustable lower arms..

its a vicious circle... VIVA FIESTA!
Project62 ~ my baby
JayC
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:32 pm

Or better still if you haven't already got the alloys buy some in a size that won't completely balls up the way the car drives. 17's are far too big for a mk3 /3.5 Fiesta

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby JayC on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:37 pm

i normaly state for people not to suggest that.. silly me.

18s are far to big for a fiesta :lol:
Project62 ~ my baby
JayC
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:39 pm

18's are just being silly :o

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby thorny on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:43 pm

Oranoco :Or better still if you haven't already got the alloys buy some in a size that won't completely balls up the way the car drives. 17's are far too big for a mk3 /3.5 Fiesta

agreed, and most fiestas with 17's look gash anyway imo!!
thorny
Post Master
Post Master

Postby JayC on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:49 pm

alot of people are a bit shy towards 17's, but i think if its done with good intent, and done right, i will be very happy with them..

this is the circle ya see, for starters im not going to be skimping on shocks, the alloys ive picked are maybe a little unsuited style wise for a fiesta, but they are the perfect size.

also, i will not be running on them without adjustable lower arms, i think youll find most of the deliberation with 17s is due to the fact that the tyres only last 5 mins.

traction is s**t [ERRR] theres only about 2 thirds of the width on the road going strait.

finding a good cornering and strait compremise might be a challenge, but theres a fair few other fiesta sized cars that come with 17s as standard..

its not like its dependant on the size of the car, it might just not work well with ford OEM stuff.
Project62 ~ my baby
JayC
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Jonezy on Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:28 am

dont do it, mine was like a sack of s**t wih 17s
Jonezy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:26 pm

compulsion60 :alot of people are a bit shy towards 17's, but i think if its done with good intent, and done right, i will be very happy with them..

this is the circle ya see, for starters im not going to be skimping on shocks, the alloys ive picked are maybe a little unsuited style wise for a fiesta, but they are the perfect size.

also, i will not be running on them without adjustable lower arms, i think youll find most of the deliberation with 17s is due to the fact that the tyres only last 5 mins.

traction is poo [ERRR] theres only about 2 thirds of the width on the road going strait.

finding a good cornering and strait compremise might be a challenge, but theres a fair few other fiesta sized cars that come with 17s as standard..

its not like its dependant on the size of the car, it might just not work well with ford OEM stuff.

I've been there done it and have the T-Shirt several times over. You will not make the car drive/handle right with 17" wheels. All the other messing about you describe with adjustable arms etc are just attempts at fixing the problem of a bad choice in wheel size.

If you want to do it then do so as it is your car and you should do what makes you happy.

Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Jonezy on Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:40 pm

for £60 extra on your 17s you can get a set of 15s with 45 pro tyres

£300 is a small price to pay for the extra cost of adj arms and the metal work needed for 17s and the handling will be better no end
Jonezy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Big Walker on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:13 pm

This may have been it :)

Lower than a snakes bollox

Each day I break my own personal record for the number of consecutive days I've stayed alive :)
Big Walker
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Seat Ibiza

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.