wht do i need to convert xr2i cvh into frst

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

wht do i need to convert xr2i cvh into frst

Postby rwd xr2 on Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:56 pm

i know i need the exhaust manifold, the turbo (is it possible to use t3 turbo on fiesta turbo setup?), intercooler, ecu, (do i have to alter my engine? eg pistons, valves, cam shaft etc. ) wiring loom, what else do i need?

your replys are appreciated thanks
rwd xr2
Poster
Poster

Re: wht do i need to convert xr2i cvh into frst

Postby bernard on Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:51 pm

would be easyer to get a turbo lump. as you would need low compresion pistons.

You can use the head off the xr2i tho.
bernard
Poster
Poster

Postby Medfin on Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:36 pm

I dont know what the local law says but get a better brakes like RS2000 or cosworth...
Medfin
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Your car: Fiesta Mk3

Postby bernard on Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:49 pm

I think the xr2i brakes are the same as the frst [ERRR] ways
bernard
Poster
Poster

Postby rwd xr2 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:22 pm

thanks for your input but what i need to know is engine and runing gear wise please cuz i got my 4 pot calipers, lowered suspensions, poly bushes and custom made exhaust system so i need to know the best way to convert my xr2i cvh into turbo cvh and exactly what i need please thankyou
rwd xr2
Poster
Poster

Postby xrsi on Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:51 pm

the custom made exhaust will need a new downpipe making as the xr2i downpipe does not have the provision to mount to a turbo.

basically this is what you will need to change your car to a 1.6 cvh turbo

FRST 1.6 cvh turbo bottom end or complete engine (xr2i head and inlet is same as xr2i - air charge temp is diff tho if using xr2i inlet)
FRST t2 and manifold OR ERST t3 and manifold, oil feed and return
FRST rad and intercooler (std or uprated)
FRST OFAB or OFAC engine bay wiring loom, ecu, and map sensor (OFAC is identical to xr2i but the xr2i map sensor will not work)
FRST coolant and boost hoses (+ cross over pipe if using t2)
FRST charge carrier

Best bet would be to find a fiesta turbo with crap body work and rip out all of the engine etc and swap it over that way selling the rest of the car to make some money back.
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby rwd xr2 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:38 am

thanks alot mate that was very helpfull. i was thinking of finding an frst with rusty body work but i had a look around at some scrap yards and salvage yards and nothing at all. i got my exhaust made to accept the turbo. i was thinking of buying this special exhaust manifold which is possible to fit 2 turbos on it you can have a look at it at http://www.chevroletls1.com and i was wondering if that is possible to fit 2 turbos on a cvh engine ? how would it work? will it work at all?
rwd xr2
Poster
Poster

Postby j7aoc on Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:32 pm

4wd xr2 :thanks alot mate that was very helpfull. i was thinking of finding an frst with rusty body work but i had a look around at some scrap yards and salvage yards and nothing at all. i got my exhaust made to accept the turbo. i was thinking of buying this special exhaust manifold which is possible to fit 2 turbos on it you can have a look at it at http://www.chevroletls1.com and i was wondering if that is possible to fit 2 turbos on a cvh engine ? how would it work? will it work at all?
Why? expencive for what. Yank engine's are like 4/5L so they can get away with it a 1.6 will just blow up if you twin turbo a frst 1.6cvh and race me i bet i win i only have one
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby rwd xr2 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:30 pm

what if my engine is a 2L 16valve zetec can i twin turbo it then? do u think the engine will handle it? i just want to do some thing different. thats what modifiying is all about isnt it?
rwd xr2
Poster
Poster

Postby xrsi on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:27 pm

no basically you will not have enough flow to effectively twin turbo the engine on either a 1.6 or 2.0, if you did manage to somehow get decent pressure from both turbos then the engine wouldnt cope with the stresses unless they were both set to a really low boost pressure so just not worth it. Also it is enough of a pain to fit one t3 into the engine bay tidy never mind 2!!!! :lol:

stick to a sensible size turbo, if you want to be a little different to the rest get a gt series turbo as there arent that many been fitted to CVH or zetec engines at the mo so would be slightly different!

best bet would be to look on ebay for a scrapper.
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.