Xr2i Mods

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Xr2i Mods

Postby fiestasimon on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:02 pm

Hello,

I have a Xr2i 8v, Im getting the engine rebuilt, and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what sort of power output approx i would get with the following mods;

K&N 57i Kit, Custom Exhaust, Chip (plug in or mapped), Cams (Kent/Piper?) Headwork (what can i get done?), Exhaust Manifold (what make?).

Are there any other mods i could do, like a larger throttle body off another engine etc. i dont want a conversion or turbo! LOL.

Cheers
fiestasimon
Poster
Poster

Postby fiestasimon on Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:50 pm

Can no one help!
fiestasimon
Poster
Poster

Postby fiestasimon on Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:19 pm

Come on someone!
fiestasimon
Poster
Poster

Postby Pez on Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:25 pm

At a rough guess, id say you're looking at somewhere between 120-130 bhp for those sort of mods. There are plenty of mods you could do, it all depends on the size of your budget really.
Pez
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fiestasimon on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:58 pm

Hiya,

Money isnt a problem.

I want to get all these things done when i get the engine rebuilt from scratch in jan, with some chrome goodies to.

Simon
fiestasimon
Poster
Poster

Postby Pez on Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:02 pm

The sky is the limit then. Overbore, larger pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end, fully modified head, lairy cam. Id say go for a throttle body conversion to get the most out of it, with something like a Megasquirt management system.

You could also go down the road of a ZVH, using a bottom end from a Zetec, 1.8 or 2.0. That way you can get a lot more useable power for a relatively cheap price, and not the awkwardness of an engine conversion.
Pez
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby freak power on Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:10 am

Pez :The sky is the limit then. Overbore, larger pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end, fully modified head, lairy cam. Id say go for a throttle body conversion to get the most out of it, with something like a Megasquirt management system.

You could also go down the road of a ZVH, using a bottom end from a Zetec, 1.8 or 2.0. That way you can get a lot more useable power for a relatively cheap price, and not the awkwardness of an engine conversion.

I was just about to say that myself.

Are you wanting to keep it a 1600 or go bigger?

Don't o to wild with the cam unless you plan to fit throttle bodies or twin carbs
Now driving a 1999 Audi S3 with 2.1 20v OD HTAGT3582r Turbo

Bring on the 650+Bhp 4x4 monster
freak power
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fiestasimon on Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:40 am

Well,

My first ideas were to have the engine rebuilt and at the same time get a new clutch fitted, lighter flywheel, kent or piper fast road cams with pulleys, gas flowed head, bored out with larger pistons, custom fabricated induction system, exhaust manifold, custom mapped chip, powerflow custom exhaust, uprated gaskets and maybe a throttle body from a larger sized engine?
fiestasimon
Poster
Poster

Postby fiestasimon on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:33 pm

and i want to stay as a n/a 1.6, i want to get as much power as i can.
fiestasimon
Poster
Poster

Postby fiestasimon on Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:11 pm

well apart if i get the engine bored out.
fiestasimon
Poster
Poster

Postby fiestasimon on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:56 am

How easy is it to put a zetec bottom end on, is it a straight fit, what sort of gains will i get, do i have to change any engine mounts etc?

Simon
fiestasimon
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.