XR2Tii is up and running again after 4 months (-:

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

XR2Tii is up and running again after 4 months (-:

Postby Jur on Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:40 am

After 4 months of standing still a new engine is transplanted into my Fester..

the result is nice (nice view etc.. under the bonnet)

but i have one question ..

We did the T3 conversion, all went well

BUT!!!..

- the ERST downpipe didn't fit straightaway on my Magnex FRST exhaust.
(had to wel 11cm of 60mm tube to it)

- The hosing from the turbo -> intercooler made from 2 90 degree's Fiesta hoses
.. anyone has any better solutions for this ??

- The airfilter (kone) -> turbo hose.. what kind of hose to use ? and where to position ??

- the radiator can be moved forward.. but just a bit..
the radiator (hose connections) catches the sides of the front .. so i have to cut a few holes into the front to get clearence of these bits..

- last but not least .. the support bar for the bonnet-lock is in the way .. can i remove this without any problems ?? it is there for a reason i presume..
*If you start to see in Black and White, you know you're pulling enough G's*
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby xrsi on Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:03 pm

right....

for the turbo pipe....

get an erst intercooler or a pace or something and then u can use the erst lower boost hose,

for the rad, yes u have to cut a bit out of the front! and also u can remove the bit of metal that runs from the valance to the bonnet catch, but you have to cut it off!

for the turbo to air filter hose u can use the t2 to air box hose and cut it just after the bend in it so that its sort of at a 90deg bend! just measure where the inner diameter is the same as the outer diameter of the turbo!
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby Jur on Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:04 am

I've been busy yesterday..

- i've had to transplant the amal valve to the other side of the car (in my case to the driver side .. next to the battery..

- i've used a piece of the intercooler-> chargecarrier hose (7cm) and used a piece of 60mm exhaust pipe to connect to the airfilter - turbo hose (which i cut off)
So now there is the 7cm of hosing on the turbo .. then the 60mm (diameter) exhaust pipe used to connect the cut-off airfilter - turbo hose..

- like i said.. i used 2 90 degree bend hoses (of 2 FRST's) cut a bit off .. and used another 60mm exhaust pipe to connect those.. to create a "S" hose.. so i could use the standard intercooler.

- The bonnet-catch-support will be taken out completely / bend and mounted on the front-panel in stead of the front beam .. (10 cm forward), so it will still support the bonnet catch (and thus the bonnet catch will not pierce my radiator)

- i will use a 'dremel' tool (i don't know if you know the tool in England.. but it's a small engraving, cutting, sanding, pollising etc... high speed rotating tool) to cut out the front ... cause the radiator is already in place..

- the engine will nog move a lot inside the engine space ..(thanx to the Diesel engine mount and the Vibratech gearbox mounts .. you can feel the engine real good now (-; )

- possibly i will move the battery to the other side of the car.. (passenger side in holland.. drivers side in england) due to the space... but that's an idea for later..

- i still have to find a solution for the sump breather...
i guess i have to use the ERST one ?? (can someone send me some pics f this ?? )
*If you start to see in Black and White, you know you're pulling enough G's*
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.