Zetec 1.25 Engine parts replacement project

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby Disco Biscuit on Fri Jan 18, 2002 2:01 am

Need some experience modifiers to gimmie some good advice here.:???:
got a w reg Zetec 1.25 ( i know i know should have got the 1.6 right?:eek: )
and wanna replace the *ford reliable* parts in there....:eek: :eek: :eek:
not just engine parts, but any parts!!!
already got on the list a clutch, PI springs (40) and some new break-pads.....any advice is good thanx
Disco Biscuit
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Project on Fri Jan 18, 2002 2:04 am

Timing belt and pulley change every 30k-60k miles, oil and filter changes every 3k, listen out for noisy top end and rough cold starting which could point to a valvetrain problem (I'm fairly sure they don't suffer anything major though) and look after it.

Sorry, I'm not a Zetec man :Q
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby Disco Biscuit on Fri Jan 18, 2002 2:07 am

thanx for the advice...its actually got a K&N airfilter at the mo - sounds gorg, but it all runs well...
got student loan sittin in the bank (2K) doing nothing....it HAS to go on the car...gotta be done before i hit 21.. :grin: :grin:
Disco Biscuit
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Mexi on Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:05 am

i think kent are developing cams for the 1.25, mmmmmmmmmm..........
Mexi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby snake on Fri Jan 18, 2002 9:58 pm

Belts are 100000 miles, re-shim at the same time. Very reliable motors but they have very dinky clutches and flywheels. I`ve done one previously which had slight cracks in the flywheel, and done one this week that had ripped a clutch apart due to the BIG cracks all over the flywheel!!. Your discs and pads should be solid ones, i would get some vented calipers, discs etc if you want more power/less fade..
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby Zetec-S-Plymouth on Tue Jan 22, 2002 10:12 am

Get a big brake conversion on the front end and then stick some 17" RS Kahns on the car.
Slam it about 40-50mm on springs (and shox if you can afford them if not stay with springs) and then start on the engine...

There are various mods you could do to the engine, being a 1.25 does restrict your options a bit though, but its nothing major as you still have 75bhp as standard, which is only 8bhp slower then a old standard XR2 (82bhp).

Best things to try and get, i dont know if you can for a 1.25, but what you'd need are things like cams, new head, new cam, induction kit, 4 branch manifold (stainless) and then your on your way mate....but dont ask where to get any of it, sorry.

The other option you have is for the same money you could just either buy a zetec-s engine from a breakers or in the paper, and have that fitted for you, bear in mind you'd probably need to have the gearbox changed whilst you were at it to cope with the engine.

Other then that, a XR2i 1800 engine should go in, but it depends what you want, and how much you want to spend.

Personally id say save up and trade yours in for a zetec-s but be quick, they only run until March this year!

Good luck with the car whichever route you go down....
Zetec-S-Plymouth
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby DJ Josh on Tue Jan 22, 2002 11:07 am

Yea Zetec-S-Plymouth u said that the Zetec-S only runs til March this year.... are Ford planning on releasing a new Fiesta Sport model, based on the new Fiesta comin out soon (seen the pics and gota say it looks pretty mank!)??
DJ Josh

Visit my site: www.joshsgti.com
DJ Josh
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Disco Biscuit on Tue Jan 22, 2002 3:50 pm

yo zetec-s plymouth - thanx for the advice, but a zetec-s will cost me 3500 on insurance alone, and my car alone(w reg 1.25) is only worth 5000......ontop of that - im only a student - so i can't afford it!!!!! even tho they are sweeeeeeeeeeet
All i wanna do is get some prices and part advice for stuff like
Clutch
Gearbox
breaks ( prob standard tho....)
internal engine parts - might look into the cam stuff and the flywheel....
Zetec 1.25
K&N
s**t
40mm 17's Fox 3's
Desperate need for Mod advice
Disco Biscuit
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.