[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
Zetec 2.1 in a FRST : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

Zetec 2.1 in a FRST

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Zetec 2.1 in a FRST

Postby Spax on Mon May 17, 2004 12:25 am

Hiya ppl,

I'm after a FRST this year....looking at chucking in a 2.1 Zetec :o ...has this been done be4? also how much am I looking at just for the motor? Obviously all tuned up etc....is 5k about right? plus u then got a tougher Gearbox,LSD,different loom etc etc

Thanks

Spax
Spax
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby cool frst on Tue May 18, 2004 12:42 pm

5k for an engine :o.......... rather buy a new car :D
cool frst
Poster
Poster

Postby Stoned on Tue May 18, 2004 5:30 pm

£5-6k should get you the whole lot

Or alternativly just put a normal 2.0L in there for about £500 inc fitting and keep the remaining £4500 for better things.
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AdrianFRST on Tue May 18, 2004 8:08 pm

Stoned :keep the remaining £4500 for better things.

Such as?

cool frst :5k for an engine :o.......... rather buy a new car :D

What would you buy for £5k that would hit 60 in 5 seconds and still enable you to get parts like a head gasket next day for £30, or light clusters for a fiver each at the local scrappys?
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Postby ianFRST on Wed May 19, 2004 5:42 pm

AdrianFRST :

Such as?

What would you buy for £5k that would hit 60 in 5 seconds and still enable you to get parts like a head gasket next day for £30, or light clusters for a fiver each at the local scrappys?

well said :lol: :Q
No longer a FRST owner, or even a Fiesta owner :(
ianFRST
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby EVO on Wed May 19, 2004 6:29 pm

hear hear !! :)
ImageImage
http://www.southportweekender.co.uk
Scooby Sti V8 type C or Evo 7 !!?? Ahgggrrr!
EVO
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Stoned on Thu May 20, 2004 6:30 pm

I wouldnt own a Fiesta that fast.

*edited*

Thats just me though.
Last edited by Stoned on Thu May 20, 2004 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AdrianFRST on Thu May 20, 2004 7:19 pm

Absolute sensationalist rubbish.

You, along with everyone else here, knows absolutely nothing about the cause of what happened, and to blankly suggest it was purely down to a fast car shows an exhasperating lack of insight into the factors that cause accidents.

Rob's accident was exactly that, and unless proven otherwise is no fault of the car whatsoever.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby Stoned on Thu May 20, 2004 7:25 pm

I wasnt suggesting it was the fact it was the fast engine, simply the MK3 Fiesta is not a good car to be in should you crash.
And let's face it, you are far more likely to crash in a Fiesta able to to 0-60 in less than 5 seconds than your standard 1.1

Ignore my comments if you dont agree with them, I felt the same before recent events and have argued them in the past.
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AdrianFRST on Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 pm

Stoned :And let's face it, you are far more likely to crash in a Fiesta able to to 0-60 in less than 5 seconds than your standard 1.1

I'd argue that it's the other way around.

Insurance - no company will insure an inexperienced driver in a FRST. A 1.1 however can be insured by pretty much anyone.

Value - £600 car vs £6000 car, which are you likely to take more care driving?

Brakes, suspension, tyres etc - stiffer suspension less likely to tip the car (provided it's not over-stiff). Better brakes will stop the car faster. Gripper tyres provide obvious advantages.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby Stoned on Thu May 20, 2004 8:02 pm

Well there are two side to any argument and I feel quite strongly on this matter.

However considering recent events I dont feel it's right to be discussing them now.

To return to the original question, £6k would get you PaulR's car - a legend if ever there was one with all the work done. Maybe you should look at that?

http://www.fiestaturbo.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=76821
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Superal on Thu May 20, 2004 8:12 pm

Stoned :Well there are two side to any argument and I feel quite strongly on this matter.

However considering recent events I dont feel it's right to be discussing them now.

To return to the original question, £6k would get you PaulR's car - a legend if ever there was one with all the work done. Maybe you should look at that?

http://www.fiestaturbo.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=76821

if you've got 6k you dont even need to think twice!!
Superal
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AdrianFRST on Thu May 20, 2004 8:24 pm

Stoned :However considering recent events I dont feel it's right to be discussing them now.

Agreed. :)

As mentioned above, the cheapest route to big FRST power is to buy one already done. They don't come along very often but here's your chance!

It might sound expensive, but work out what it would cost to build one and it's startlingly good value.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby dannyboy on Thu May 20, 2004 10:40 pm

Have to agree with Ade's above post, I consider what I paid for my engine a bargain and ive already piled much more than £6k into other areas of the car to compensate for the power increase, Paul R's car is a steal at that price.
dannyboy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby beanyfrst on Fri May 21, 2004 12:18 am

DUDE_SWEET_FRST :
AdrianFRST :

Such as?

well said :lol: :Q

also must agree well said matey :lol: :lol:
Has bought my Fiesta RS Turbo back, Needs a lot of TLC
beanyfrst
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.