Zetec-R conversion (Is it worth it)

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Zetec-R conversion (Is it worth it)

Postby unknown_user on Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:47 pm

Basically from what i can see the Zetec-R is alot harder to put in (have to hack bits off etc and make up new mounts). Is it worht it? Is the engine alot better than the Zetec -E ? and are they any better? (noticble difference).

As i have two options atm Zetec-E conversion (with and engine of unkown status and miles). The other option is a R reg Zetec-R engine with low miles... which im told is a better engine? Having done the zetec-E conversion before i know what it envolves.

from what i can see of the Zetec-R conversion it envolves me makig a new loom. Cutting bits off and welding up new mounts etc?

Also can i still use my Si gearbox on a Zetec-R lump?

what do u guys recommend?

Thanks in Advance!
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby PhilM on Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:54 pm

The Zetec R is the better engine for a number of reasons, however really, the benefit probably wont be felt in a NA engine other than they can rev higher out of the box.

For ease of fitment etc, I'd perhaps stick with a Zetec E, much cheaper, can do whatever you like essentially with them. Zetec Rs are the better engine but for the gain (not much really), it probably isnt worht paying the extra until SH prices drop.
First EECIV 'plug n play' SECS S8
PhilM
Post Master
Post Master

Postby unknown_user on Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:55 pm

Well infact this engine is only 330 + vat with ecu. so its about the same price as a zetec e round here..

But is much hard to fit and would u lot do it if u found a zetec-R for that price?
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby snake on Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:50 pm

i wud cos i can do it myself lol, oh and they aint zetec-r`s, plain old zetecs..
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby unknown_user on Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:06 pm

Yes but... they use different mounts etc... and will take more time to fit... correct? have u actually fitted one before>?
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sphinx on Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:17 pm

r u talkin about 'black top' zetec's as in Foci?
You can use my car when you prise the keys out of my cold dead hands
Sphinx
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby unknown_user on Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:46 pm

well its found in Mondeos after 1997 and is the same engine used in 2ltr focus i think.

Black rocker cover...
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby lazy_arse_pie on Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:42 am

go for the easy option , like me :D
lazy_arse_pie
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby unknown_user on Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:04 pm

yeah i spect i will... are to fitting that newer engine in this weather... its just finding a decent one with known low miles...

still i spose i could always go with the 200 quid one wih unknown miles and if it dies stick anouther onw in! lol
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.